Cadillac's 'Continental' Starting at $53,495 ...& more/Updated - Ford Inside News Community
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Cadillac's 'Continental' Starting at $53,495 ...& more/Updated

SUBTITLE: Tick... Tick... Tick...
via "megeebee" @ GMI

Cadillac 'Omega' / 'LTS' / wic

• Navi info/pix
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
&
& more...
•

• "The perception that a Lincoln is less, is more important than the reality that Lincoln is more than enough", SP1966
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Cadillac's 'Continental' - via GMI

well....
this morning, more sober heads at GMI discovered a crop of the same photo with the filename:
2015-ats-coupe-trims-specs-masthead-standard-optional-equipment-960x200.jpg

so
it might be a tease for Cadillac's LincStang-wannabee instead

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...
•

• "The perception that a Lincoln is less, is more important than the reality that Lincoln is more than enough", SP1966
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 02:53 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
SUBTITLE: Tick... Tick... Tick...
via "megeebee" @ GMI

Cadillac 'Omega' / 'LTS' / wic
should be nice to see Lincoln teasing their upcoming vehicles!

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
should be nice to see Lincoln teasing their upcoming vehicles!
I dunno, Jose ...don't think my bloodpressure (or heart) could take it...

...unless the tease was darn close to the official reveal

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...
•

post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Ford Focus ZX

2b2, will you please go over all of the FACTS, not speculation, that you have to support the Linstang idea? I'm pretty sure they're intending to stay with fwd in the near future. However, you seem almost dead certain that the lincstang is very real. I mean, gosh, I must have missed some big press release or spy photo that everyone thinks is going to be a rwd coupe for lincoln! Please, show me this! (#sarcasm)
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I dunno, Jose ...don't think my bloodpressure (or heart) could take it...

...unless the tease was darn close to the official reveal
Lincoln doesn't know how to tease. I wish they did, but they rarely do.
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:28 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordSUVfan View Post
2b2, will you please go over all of the FACTS, not speculation, that you have to support the Linstang idea? I'm pretty sure they're intending to stay with fwd in the near future. However, you seem almost dead certain that the lincstang is very real. I mean, gosh, I must have missed some big press release or spy photo that everyone thinks is going to be a rwd coupe for lincoln! Please, show me this! (#sarcasm)
well, 2b2 can believe in what he wants, Lincstang or not! I think that we've heard that a RWD Lincoln is coming! Continental or Licstang, don't exactly know but there is a RWD model coming
scford58 and glyphics like this.
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Ford Mondeo

On GMI, one of the guys figured out that this picture is of an ATS Coupe, not the LTS. Darn...
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordSUVfan
*I* am personally certain, FordSUVfan totally!

with your (#sarcasm) hashtag I'm not sure you really want an answer
AND to keep this thread more-or-less about the Cadillac flagship-competition...

here's a LINK to where I listed "evidence" such as it is

...you're not the only-or-first to take issue with my enthusiasm for the LS550

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...
•

post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Cadillac's 'Continental' - via Detroit Free Press

GM to make flagship Cadillac sedan at Detroit-Hamtramck - Detroit Free Press
Nathan Bomey
September 19, 2014

General Motors plans to build a flagship large rear-wheel-drive Cadillac sedan at its Detroit-Hamtramck plant by the end of 2015.

GM declined to say what the new Cadillac will be called, but it's expected to draw inspiration from the Elmiraj and Ciel concept cars.

The new Cadillac sedan will be bigger than the fullsize XTS and more expensive. Cadillac will show it in the first half of next year...

...GM called it a "top-end, high-technology car." likely to be equipped with a new "super cruise" system, which can steer, brake and accelerate by itself on the highway. The company had announced earlier this month that the super cruise system would be installed into a new Cadillac for the 2017 model year...

...The new flagship sedan will compete against such luxury cars as the Mercedes S-class and BMW 7-series.

"What we have to make sure is we are relevant in the key luxury segments," Barra told reporters today. "To be a true luxury brand, it has to be credible (in the flagship segment)."...

..."The objective for this upcoming model is to lift the Cadillac range by entering the elite class of top-level luxury cars," de Nysschen said in a statement. "Currently in development, this new rear wheel drive-oriented sedan uses completely new, custom-designed materials on a unique vehicle architecture."

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...
•

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cadillac, continental, gmi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page