Ford Inside News banner

2017 Lincoln MKZ Date Night

8K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  ScarredKnightfan 
#1 ·
Will be picking up tomorrow after work. Any questions post them here and I will answer and post pictures.

Reactions: 2b2
#4 ·
Not sure which one it has yet but I know it is a reserve so hoping for the Revel

#6 ·
Not sure which engine it has yet but we will see if its the 3.0 I will be sure to push it hard a few times.

#7 · (Edited)

This is a fully loaded model I think every option is ticked minus black label.

It's a 2.0T with FWD

-BAMR
-Revel sound system
-Massaging seats
-Front and rear camera
-Lane keeping assist
-Radar Cruise Control
-Front collision detection (went off once already)

I am loving the small upgrades they have done and the open pore wood. Will take better pictures when the light is out.

#9 ·
^&^^&etc :thumb:s

trying to think of a question

google says it'll be around 83° tomorrow by you, Andrew
so
I'm curious about the visibility out the back via rearview mirror with the PanoRoof all the way open.

I got to try that briefly years ago at our LAST Lincoln Drive Event
& had NO problem - but I wasn't in traffic
You?

ps/withOUT checking:
Does it have a rear sunshade?

#8 ·
Went to dinner with my g/f and had a few takeaways so far.

1. Love how the center stack is actual aluminum trim it's cold to the touch instead of plastic
2. Love the updated leather on the steering wheel
3. Sync 3 needs some massaging. Overall it's a great system but I ran into 2 annoyances with it. First was that I was testing a CD to really experience the Revel system when a friend called me it paused the CD like it should have but when I answered the CD went right back to playing while I was on the phone a huge WTF moment. The other is I HATE how the Home button doesn't appear on all screens I love on MLT the Home button is always visible from the bottom of every screen and that being said I think the home screen on MLT is organized better than Sync 3's home screen.

Will report more tomorrow. Only working a short day so I should be able to get some shots in.

#11 · (Edited)
Returned the Z last night and no high pressured sales or anything we just talked about Lincoln and he told me if I ever want to do it again or move forward with a purchase then to call them.

Final shots:

^^ I dislike the black plastic trim around the speaker on mine it's a metal weave all around looks nicer. I do like how the R lights up at night though.

^^ Again love how that's aluminum cool to the touch no more plastic!

^^ typical round cigarette charger is gone from here and a USB now.

^^ round chargers were moved below one on each side which makes 2 below, one USB in the tray, and 2 USBs and 1 more round charger in the center console. Then a regular power point in the rear with 2 USBs. LOTS of areas to charge devices I like that!

^^ Comparison of the BAMR opened and closed

^^ Love the new stitching and the arm rest is soft in my 13 but it's even softer on the 17s. Love the open pore wood.

^^ Final shot off the highway

^^ Vin if curious

Some last thoughts:
- Brakes are not as grabby as my Hybrids they are a bit softer but I wonder if it's cause that was a gas model. I need to test a 17 Hybrid now to see if they are just as grabby as mine
- BAMR is extremely quiet when opening and closing I was very impressed with that
- Sync 3 screwed up on me again and wouldn't connect to my phone via bluetooth. Confirmed it was Sync 3 since I rebooted my phone and still no connection had to turn off the car and turn it back on for it to connect
- Jade is a really nice color but not my first choice. Do love how Lincoln is exploring new colors you don't see every day however
- The button to close the power trunk is now illuminated so you can see it at night
- I can express enough how wonderful the Revel Ultima sound system is.
- The LED headlamps are just as good as mine however I miss the swivel from turning the wheel. Aesthetically I like the LED blocks better.

#20 ·
- Jade is a really nice color but not my first choice. Do love how Lincoln is exploring new colors you don't see every day however
IMHO, it's about time automakers explore not-seen-everyday colors more often ... INCLUDING INTERIORS. I'll stop there. ;)

While this is still not my cup of tea (& never will be), it is a neat design ... though the front end made me think immediately of the Fusion ... which I'm not sure is a good thing for a luxury brand!

*shrugs*

But, what do I know?

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree" | Elvis Presley | 'Blue Christmas'

#13 ·
I wouldn't mind the upgrade from my 13 I like the incremental updates they've done with the interior.

Reactions: mercury_1988
#16 ·
So if the "home" icon is not available on every screen, do you just keep touching a "back" arrow or what? I have only heard good things about sync 3 until now but you have raised some legitimate concerns.
You have to keep cycling through different menus till you find it at the top again it's minor but annoying. Don't get me wrong the system is super fast and works for the most part great. The bugs I saw could easily be fixed with an update if they are aware of them.

Curious as to what phone you have. We have a '17 Escape and my wife's phone keeps doing just like you said. Her phone is a LG-G5, and it's not on the approved SYNC 3 list.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's old but still works great was waiting to upgrade to the Note 7 but we all know how that ended and currently nothing on the market is what I want... large screen and SD card slot. Google Pixel is sooooo close but lacking the SD card slot kills me.

#18 ·
what about voice commands?

wondering if you could tell the system "Home" (or some reserved-word) and the screen would reset?
Nah voice commands don't work like that the voice commands set things or do a function not change the main screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.