Ford Inside News banner

My 2010 Taurus Limited review

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Volvo_S70 
#1 ·
The Taurus is really my wifes car, I drive a 530 hp Roush Mustang and a 475 hp Kenny brown SC Thunderbird, both have extremely modified chassis and breaks. Ok, the Taurus stays flat when driving in normal to spirited lane changes, I think that the car has a tendency to have a slight amount of over steer, that is a good thing in my opinion. The car has a heavy feel at slower speeds but at highway speeds the car is about perfect, the heavy feel at slower speeds could have been corrected with the electronic assisted steering box the SHO has. Under heavy breaking the car drops evenly with no tendencies to dive on the front which most front wheel drives do, the Taurus does not do this mainly due to the rear cabin style of the car. Breaks, the Taurus has 14" front and rear rotors, not common and the breaks look to be the same parts as the Mustang GT, I have tried heavy breaking under cornering with no bad tendency's, the car can be made to go into a push condition with breaks but I would not encourage this with a front wheel drive as the best way to get out of a push condition is what I call throttle induced over-steer "with a rear drive car" by kicking the throttle. Not to burst you bubble and why I stated what I drive is this is not a performance car and is a touring car that has compromised performance due to the weight, room, luxury. My over all opinion of this car is it a very nice car, glad we bought it and can't wait for a road trip to California, if you want a car that is more sporty, you in my opinion need a Mustang.
LeeU

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.