Ford Inside News banner

GMfan1111 needs your help choosing what car to review next

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  davidlane 
#1 ·
Hi guys I enjoy going out to the local dealerships here in Metro Detroit and test driving some of the latest products and writing helpful and informative reviews for my fellow Fomoconews.com comrades. I'm currently working on a review for the Transit connect and should have that up next week and in addition since my folks are welcoming a new chevy equinox in a few days a review about that as well. However The main reason i have written this thread is that I'm having trouble deciding what car to review after the transit connect and equinox reviews, Thats where you guys come in. Give me some suggestions in subsequent replies on what car you would like to see tested and I'll go out and see if I can get my hands on it. However before you reply please keep these three criteria in mind

1. Cars have to be currently available at a dealership. I do not have press credentials like mark phelan so I have to basically go to the dealership state that i'm writing an article for this site and hope for the best

2. No "Mustang" or "Camaro" suggestions please (I'll be covering both of them in an upcoming spring review)

3. I have no problem driving cars from other auto makes as well :cool:

If I use your suggestion I will give the lucky username a special "As Suggested By ___" credit which will be posted in the thread title for the review or in the case of clone requests the person that posted it first :D Thanx for the help and If all goes well i hope to use this "posters choice" feature as a once a month thing on top of all the other reviews I'll be working on

See less See more
#4 ·
hey GMfan, I didn't have any suggestions yesterday
but went to our little, local, dealer-run autoshow today
& maybe you'd like to check out some of the ones that impressed me good-or-bad?

LIKED more than expected
Porsche Panamera
- not ugly in person tho still kinda plump BUT with a nice interior INCLDG comfy rear seat room!
GMC Terrain - maybe it's just me but I really REALLY like its styling inside & out - the ONLY thing I'd change is to shrink the broad band of chrome above the grille

NICE semi-little to little things
Volvo XC60
- the angled-towards-the-driver console MAKES the dash :) never 'got' that from pix
Edge Sport - the aluminum trim on the center console in imprinted with
Sport Sport Sport Sport - like a pattern - didn't even register as words at first :cool:
VW GTI - has little turn signals (secondary) built-in as part of a headlite 'frame' (on the bottom) - a Very little but nice touch

What disappointed me
Kia Forte
- so nice in pix, so cheap looking-feeling in person - Out & esp IN
Challenger AND Camaro! - the Dodge is just blah imho; the Camaro is gorgeous outside but SILLY inside, even more claustrophobic than the Challenger - imho nearly unsafe to drive

mixed things
VW CC
- it has FRAMELESS windows :eek:+:cool: didn't know that ...BUT the windows are SLITS >because the roofrails come down too far, not horrible in front but in back with seats that don't move up/down :yikes:

nit-picks
Buick LaCrosse
very VERY nice, Loads of rear seat room! but I'd like the INTERIOR DE-chromed - just a bit too shiny-bling (ps the LaX's windows tho slit-ish didn't bother me - - guess my 'threshold' is between the LaX & CC)

edit
forgot to say the Genesises - coupe & sedan both - were 'meh'
not terrible but nothing special at all imho

#5 ·
thanx for the suggestions so far everybody I'll pick the lucky suggestion sometime in mid to late February (my target timeline to do it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.