Ford Inside News banner

FiN Drives the MKZ !

13K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  BMuscl 
#1 ·
Figured I'd make a one-stop thread for YOUR personal reviews as members get a chance at some seat-time.
If you prefer to make your own thread, go right ahead

&
I'll index-Link them in this first post for ease of finding.
as usual,
PIX are most welcome ...esp by
me, since there's no Lincoln dealer in the NW third of Nevada

Andrew L — post#3
...superb timing, Andrew!!

ZanatWork — post#10
...Thanks, Zan!!

OMG 2b2 drove an MKZ (Link)

See less See more
#27 ·
I checked on the MKZ because...let's face it, there's a lot of hullabaloo about it. Like I said in the review, it's the smallest current Lincoln and I'm a big guy.

My Expy is old, and an XLT...but its console wasn't as flat, cold, and plastic as the one in a brand-new brand-needs-to-succeed $49K car. If I claimed anything but disappointment in this, I'd be a liar fit for government.

#29 ·
had a pretty good rant at GMI
so spamming it in every handy Lincoln thread

So, what exactly does the MKZ need to bring to the table against the class leaders that it hasn't already?
• a "dealer experience" that might not shine your shoes while giving you a complimentary pedicure BUT won't demean you while ripping you off
• Nano v6EB & 8speed transmission
• an interior DESIGNED with enough warmth & interest that it can look appealing not just in euro-tan leather that isn't even offered (youtube video)
• a Bespoke Program so the $50k+ model doesn't have to share ALL its "touch-points" with the sub$40k base version
&
• a proper "setting" of the rest of the lineup for the current "jewel",
ie not having 4(FOUR)-themes-AGO styling on their non-newest with Only this-year's savior-model, implying all the others were-&-STILL-ARE MISTAKES​

#30 ·
The advertisments made a big deal of the design and pass-through of the center console, but from the driver's seat, it is impossible to even see it. What you do see is the dash and steering wheel that are easily recognized as Ford parts.

I think automakers are making a big mistake with the design of coupe like sedans. Not only here, but in quite a few cars I have looked at recently, the rear seat headroom is not only compromised, but dangerous. If you are rear ended, people in the back will strike their heads on the roof top, or in worse cases, the window/window frame.

They are NOT Ford parts as the Z doesn't share any inner or outer materials with the Fusion other than the platform, 2 of the three engines offered, and the 6spd tranny. A lot of cars that share the same platform tend to still have a resemblance to their interiors. When I look at the Fusion, I do see a slight resemblance in the style of the interior to the MKZ but, it's definitely not glaring in any way. It's the same with the XTS/ LaCrosse

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.