Nick how does the manual feel?
My car has a new version of the transmission than what the press cars had. In fact, my car was retrofitted with an entirely new transmission after it was produced.
Some remarks on the gearbox now that I've had it for awhile:
* It's somewhat notchy when cold - smooth otherwise.
* Ratios are definitely optimized for the 2.0T's power band - not fuel economy.
* Clutch is smooth - engagement point comes early (you don't have to mash it to the floor like, say, a 2009 Camaro)
* 2.0T flywheel feels heavy on certain downshifts
* Love ATS's version of Hill Hold Assist - no stupid DIC message when it activates and it holds longer than 15 seconds.
* 2.0T + manual really likes to rev. The tranny lights up when you're aggressive with the throttle - super smooth, fast gear changes.
* The manual is very forgiving in gridlock traffic. You can roll in first without having to engage the clutch.
* Shifts are all precise - I've never picked the wrong gear, even when driving balls-out.
* No question the 6L50 automatic can shift faster than anyone can with this manual, but it sure isn't as fun.