NAIAS 2013: 2014 Mercedes CLA - Ford Inside News Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
The Spaminator
NAIAS 2013: 2014 Mercedes CLA

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 is an entry-level "style rebel"
By Steven J. Ewing
Jan 13th 2013

"Style rebel." Not a term we've often heard before in the presence of a Merc, but exactly the phrase that Mercedes-Benz is using to describe its new entry-level four-door coupe sedan, the CLA. The swoopy new compact you see here is making its first appearance on the eve of the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, though it will officially debut to the public during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Berlin that runs from January 15 to 18. Rebellious? Maybe. Stylish? Absolutely.

The CLA-Class takes the rakish sedan formula first seen on the Mercedes-Benz CLS to a smaller scale, riding on the architecture that underpins the svelte new A-Class hatchback in other markets. It's a pretty car, especially with the optional sport goodies seen on the silver car in our image gallery, and its design is actually quite efficient. Mercedes has managed to achieve a super-slippery drag coefficient of just 0.23. (For comparison, a Toyota Prius has a drag number of 0.25.)

Only the CLA250 model will be offered in the United States (until the hotter CLA45 AMG arrives, anyway), available with either front- or all-wheel drive – Mercedes-Benz is employing an updated version of its 4Matic system here that features fully variable torque distribution. Powering the CLA250 is a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder good for 208 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, mated solely to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. The standard CLA250 rides on 17-inch alloy wheels, while models with the available sport package roll on five-spoke, 18-inch wheels.

Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Ford Falcon Ute
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: NAIAS 2013: 2014 Mercedes CLA

The best Mercedes-Benz design in decades...

FALCON LOVER ____________________________________________
My current car: 2012 Ford Explorer XLT AWD

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I think it looks pretty sharp.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Focus RS WRC

Great looking sedan which should do well in our market (USA) and internationally also. I can't wait to drive one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Ford Falcon Ute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I think the really large headlights make the wheels look small... not sure what it is but it looks slightly off somehow

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links

2013, 2014, cla, mercedes, naias

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page