Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln Navigator Concept

87K views 320 replies 44 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

A New Navigator Concept Is Most Spacious, Luxurious Lincoln SUV Yet,
Bringing Quiet Luxury to More Customers

Lincoln today reveals the all-new Navigator Concept, introducing quiet luxury to full-size SUVs and offering a glimpse at what comes next for the brand’s best-known nameplate.

"The all-new Navigator Concept reinforces our commitment to give every Lincoln client what we call quiet luxury – vehicles and experiences that are elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene," said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. "This kind of quiet luxury sets Lincoln apart. Now, we're showing fans of large SUVs how we can exceed their expectations, without being the loudest statement on the road."

Lincoln invented the large luxury SUV in 1997, and now is reimagining Navigator for modern clients interested in better performance, more space and further refinement.

Lincoln's design team drew inspiration from luxury sailboats and yachts when designing the new concept. This influenced everything from the clean, modern lines and Storm Blue paint on the exterior that mimics the grays and blues of sea and sky, to the teak finishes, custom gear and wardrobe management system found inside.

- See more at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/navigator-concept.html#sthash.vcqEXEli.dpuf

See less See more
#10 ·
So ... the doors, the steps, the dash, the closet .... are e expecting this to be a bit more divorced from production that Continental?

Anyone cares to wager a bet?
I'll bet we aren't too too too far off from a Navigator Black Label trim. The side steps will be one step, not three. If Lincoln brings these doors to production I was crap myself. The closet may be around in a much lesser way.

Reactions: igor2
#11 ·
It has been said 90% production ready.

I imagine the Gull Wing doors will go. The steps, I don't know. The "terrain management" type of system was suspected, but is a lot more sophisticated than on the Explorer.

Love the sides and roof line. I am sure the Grille looks less "heavy" in person, which is the same on the Continental.

#12 ·
I hope that pop up nav screen is NOT there in the production model. I was happy Ford and Lincoln were not going that route and still doing the in dash design. To me it just looks cheap sticking up out of the dash like that.

Reactions: rhallanger
#18 ·
Personally, I'm disappointed.... I don't know maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not a fan going so mainstream..... I also am disappointed it has the same engine with a higher tune..... Wanted a V8 option..... It's going back like the old days where you can tell this will be extremely watered down in production form.... That interior will never happen, nor those side steps..... Really wished big here....

#25 ·
Bouncing back and forth between being impressed, and not. Hate the doors but understand why they did it for the concept, I think the grill is a tad to large, and while I love the greenhouse, here we go again with the borrowing, this time from Land Rover. Hopefully the dash design finally signals a move away from the cockpit theme that went out of style many years ago, outside of that there really isn't anything on the inside to take away.

The have the basis for a phenomenal advance of the full size SUV! Unlike the Continental, they have no excuse for watering this exterior down much.

#32 ·
Ooooff I see a very divided thread coming up.

Few notes I have taken away so far and all my opinion.

I am glad to see the full width tail light is still there
Nice to see blue on the interior again

Dislikes:
Tablet style nav screen (they can integrate a large screen into the dash and not make it look cheap, see the S Class)
Grille might be a tad bit too large

Other:
Unfortunately we don't even know squat going forward with this because this is a really over the top concept. The interior will look very different IMO.
No idea on powertrain all they say is 400 HP and I can sympathize with wanting a V8 since that is a status symbol HOWEVER going back to a V8 at this point may seem like a step back no? Should there be a higher HP model though?
I am getting a very strong Range Rover vibe see below:

Reactions: jalberda and 2b2
#37 ·
I like the concept better than the Ranger Rover myself, but yes, I'm beginning to wonder when, if ever Lincoln will show an original design.

Another thing you can write off on the exterior, along with the doors is the dramatic dropping roofline. I'll be very shocked if it isn't almost, or entirely gone.

Edit: Thankfully they didn't black out the roof.

#35 · (Edited)
Meh, it looks like a bad Range Rover knock-off. I don't think "Navigator" when I look at it. The grille looks even more like a pig's nose on this model. The interior, while really nice, does borrow from Audi. Overall, I think consumers will be really interested in it, only if it stays reasonably priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.