Ford Shows 2014 Transit Connect Wagon for North America - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
The Spaminator

Ford Shows 2014 Transit Connect Wagon for North America

30+ MPG and Seating for Seven
FordInsideNews.com
November 13, 2012
By: Austin Rutherford

Ford has not offered a minivan in the North American market since the Freestar was killed in favor of the Flex. Now, after a 7 year hiatus, Ford is ready to expand back into the market, but in a different route than other automakers.

Whereas other automakers continue with their full-size minivans, Ford has decided to bring the passenger version of their compact utility van. Usually called the Tourneo Connect in Europe, they are simply calling it the Transit Connect Wagon in the US.

Like the utility van version shown earlier this year, the wagon rides upon a heavy duty Focus platform and will be offered in two wheelbases. This will give the Transit Connect better cargo space than the Mazda5 and be able to handle a heavier payload than a Toyota Tacoma. Seating arrangements of five or seven passengers will be available, all with fold flat loading floors.

The 2014 model will be available with the 2.5L I4 and the 1.6L I4 EcoBoost. Though Ford is not giving up the exact numbers, they are expecting a rating over 30 MPG highway.

Though based upon the utility van, the Transit Connect Wagon features many upper level features including MyFord Touch and a full-glass panoramic roof.

Ford expects sales to rise from their current 35,000 unit sales a year. Transit Connect Wagon sales start in Q4 2013 and will be imported from Spain with the utility van version.

Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
FIN Moderator

Re: Ford Shows 2014 Transit Connect Wagon for North America

It's also thousands cheaper than Big Three Japan's minivans.

Hopefully, it will do well.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Ford Ka

It will be interesting if Ford can sell this new Transit Connect and avoid cannibalising sales of the Escape. The existing Transit Connect passenger version is ideal for a person in a wheel chair as it's close to the ground. Ford needs to position this vehicle to compete with the Kia Soul not the Mazda 5. The Kia Soul is a hit with women and a lot of it is to do with their colour choices,interiors and sound systems and they are going to sell over a 100,000 again in 2012. The Mazda 5 is just an also ran like the Nissan Cube
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Ford Mondeo

Ford needs to bring this " Windstar " to the US post haste, and quite frankly this vehicle with the Fusion hybrid system should have been on sale yesterday. This would be a game changer, and would shake up the minivan market as we now know it. I believe that it will still be quite successful even sans a hybrid variant although a hybrid variant would literally set this class on it's ear.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Why not the Grand C Max? is more atractive, and could be assembled in the same line of the C Max sharing some parts and panels...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3339[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg index.jpeg (8.0 KB, 2 views)

FALCON LOVER ____________________________________________

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Ford Focus

Grand C max is not large enough, and The C Max here is Hybrid only. Americans want a little luggage space when hauling 7 people. I'd much rather have the TC wagon than the 7 passenger C Max. Ford is on the right track. They are giving people exactly what they asked for. People looking at the current TC have been asking for a nicer interior, extra length, power, MPG, and a 2000# tow capacity. Ford delivered on all this. Expect a major jump in sales.

2013 F650 XLT SC Rollback, 2013 F150 STX RCSB 5.0, 2013 Escape Titanium (wifes) & 73 Cutlass 455 4 Speed.
My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LSchicago2
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
Ford needs to bring this " Windstar " to the US post haste, and quite frankly this vehicle with the Fusion hybrid system should have been on sale yesterday. This would be a game changer, and would shake up the minivan market as we now know it. I believe that it will still be quite successful even sans a hybrid variant although a hybrid variant would literally set this class on it's ear.
So this is not coming to the US?

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Ford Focus

It's coming 3rd quarter of next year.

2013 F650 XLT SC Rollback, 2013 F150 STX RCSB 5.0, 2013 Escape Titanium (wifes) & 73 Cutlass 455 4 Speed.
My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LSchicago2
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Ahh good to hear, I am curious to see how it does. I think these could make good conversion minivans.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Ford Focus ZX

This vehicle has great potential - price it to make a profit at lower volumes and then don't worry about incentives. Ford no longer has to sell 200,000 of something to make a profit and they need to continue pricing above other brands. The lineup of SUV's/CUV's will be whittled down shortly I sense - the Flex will soon be gone and the need for the Edge is looking unnecessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2014, america, connect, ford, north, shows, transit, wagon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page