Good review on Bolt - Ford Inside News Community
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS

Good review on Bolt

I'm really starting to get on board EV's and it's because of the game changer (for me) Bolt. Here's the article from C&D

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...h-model-review
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Good review on Bolt

Not a bad review, which gets me to think that lack of sales has a lot to do with the Bolt's ugliness.

This is a 10000X sexier, and will sell far better.
SP1966, Bloggin and Nitro like this.

=======================

Every sub-$50,000 car on the market will have to answer to the Ford from now on, no matter what badge it brings to the table.

-Road&Track
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

A Pugs ass you s 10000x sexier than the bolt.
wingsnut likes this.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

My biggest issue with the Bolt's design is the stupid floating roof D pillar. Other than that I think the rest of it is ok.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Not a bad review, which gets me to think that lack of sales has a lot to do with the Bolt's ugliness.

I'll agree that the model 3 is beautiful as are all Teslas. But Bolt looks fine to me, is more practical and I trust gm more.

Don't forget that as of end of may, bolt was only available in 16 states and sold 1500+. And in EV capital Norway, ampera-e (bolt twin) has 4000 preorders. So I expect bolt to do quite well when available NA wide as there seems to be plenty of interest.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post

Where'd you find the configurator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
I'll agree that the model 3 is beautiful as are all Teslas. But Bolt looks fine to me, is more practical and I trust gm more.

Don't forget that as of end of may, bolt was only available in 16 states and sold 1500+. And in EV capital Norway, ampera-e (bolt twin) has 4000 preorders. So I expect bolt to do quite well when available NA wide as there seems to be plenty of interest.
Bolt is very cheap inside.
2b2 likes this.

Current Vehicle:
2009 AWD Flex Limited
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof | Navigation | PowerFold™ 40/40 2nd Row/Console | Refrigerator | Aftermarket dual headrest DVD System | PowerCode™ Remote Start | Towing Package | 22" Edge Sport wheels
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post

It's going to be a fun sales race to watch for sure.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Where'd you find the configurator?

Bolt is very cheap inside.
Yeah that's really the only criticism of this little crossover that' I've seen which is remarkable and illustrates the thorough engineering involved. I thought it was just to lower cost but this vid review is illuminating on that subject. And at the end he makes an interesting comment on the upcoming model 3. Tesla has not been known for great quality interiors so he could be on to something.

https://youtu.be/jD8tmUXnkVE

2b2 likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-07-2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added embedded video...& how to in FAQ
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
It's going to be a fun sales race to watch for sure.
Agreed. I am very interested to see some actual model 3s ready for sale to form a better opinion.

Much like ppl choose Mercedes and BMW often just for the cachet of the brand, tesla will be chosen because they want a tesla. Not a Chevrolet.
2b2 likes this.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Ford Explorer

I think that when GM designed the Bolt, they clearly had the i3 in mind. It is a dead ringer, sans the grille. Which is fine, I guess, but then along comes Tesla and shows a sexy, sleek electric car that looks like their S, for half the price, and people went nuts and whipped out their pocket books.

I hope Ford develops something sleek and far less functional. Form over function works, with EV.
Mileage be dammed. Nobody will care about a few more miles of range. Most will be plugging in at night with over half their range anyway. And if they travel, they are severely limited, regardless if the range is 200 or 300.

=======================

Every sub-$50,000 car on the market will have to answer to the Ford from now on, no matter what badge it brings to the table.

-Road&Track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page