VIDEO: Ford's Ecoboost Technology in detail or a Taurus smokes a STS and a 3 series - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
VIDEO: Ford's Ecoboost Technology in detail or a Taurus smokes a STS and a 3 series

LINK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: VIDEO: Ford's Ecoboost Technology in detail or a Taurus smokes a STS and a 3 seri

Having driven one of these Taurus', I must say it is a blast to drive. It is just so effortless in it's acceleration and quiet too. Just simple blasts from point A to B in traffic, happen almost instantly. No waiting to rev, just near-instant thrust, and if the turbo's are already spooled up - look out!!

=======================

Every sub-$50,000 car on the market will have to answer to the Ford from now on, no matter what badge it brings to the table.

-Road&Track
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Ford Kuga

Re: VIDEO: Ford's Ecoboost Technology in detail or a Taurus smokes a STS and a 3 seri

Its pretty funny to see those Luxo sedans spanked like that by the lowly Taurus.
But then again, we are talking of a Ford test by Ford.. I am glad they included the STS, if this was some Japanese company, Detroit would simply not exist

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Ford Focus ZX

all you have to realize that the BMW 335xi weight MORE than the Taurus AWD by 80lbs - with the extra 40hp and 40ft.lbs and 80lbs of less weight to lug around, who is surprised?

Igor
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Ford Explorer

I just found out that the test video did include a V8 caddy and a boosted BMW.

Not sure of the expected 0-60 times for the Taurus, but seat of the pants felt like about 5.5 secs or slightly less. The Taurus I had driven did not have 340HP, and yes it had more.

=======================

Every sub-$50,000 car on the market will have to answer to the Ford from now on, no matter what badge it brings to the table.

-Road&Track
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 03:06 PM
FIN Staff Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RG59061

Good God! I can't wait for this system to launch...this will be a great way to boost Ford's CAFE rating to better meet the new government regs coming. Plus, add more fun to an already fun to drive line-up.

Imagine the EcoBoost I-4 in the newly revamped Fusion, or even a EcoBoost V6 in a Fusion Sport...Things are looking good!

Your Official Representative of the Ford Motor Company and the fine products of Ford and Lincoln for the GLBT Community.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Ford Kuga

That looked to me like a 5 series

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau View Post
That looked to me like a 5 series
Very 3 . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
detail, ecoboost, ford, series, smokes, sts, taurus, technology, video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page