JUN 1, 2017 | DEARBORN, MICH.
FORD F-SERIES HIT BEST MAY IN 13 YEARS; FORD BRAND SUVS SET RECORD -- UP 4.2 PERCENT; AVERAGE TRANSACTION PRICES UP SUBSTANTIALLY; COMPANY'S U.S. SALES UP 2.2 PERCENT
CLICK HERE FOR FULL RELEASE
DEARBORN, Mich., June 1, 2017 – Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today reported its May 2017 sales results. Click here or visit media.ford.com to view the news release. Ford will begin its monthly sales call at 10 a.m. ET this morning when Erich Merkle, Ford U.S. sales analyst, will host a conference call for the investment community and news media to discuss the results and related market trends. He will be joined by Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, and Bryan Bezold, Ford senior Americas economist.
- Ford Motor Company’s overall U.S. sales for May 2017 totaled 241,126 vehicles, a 2.2 percent gain compared to last year
- Retail results declined 0.8 percent, with 158,282 vehicle sales
- Fleet sales totaled 82,844 vehicles, representing an 8.4 percent gain versus a year ago
- Ford’s average transaction pricing increased $2,100 last month, significantly outpacing an overall industry increase of $500*
- Ford F-Series sales of 76,027 pickups increased 12.8 percent last month, for the best May results in 13 years. F-Series also saw a $3,300 increase in average transaction pricing*
- Ford brand SUVs set May record, with 74,910 vehicles sold – up 4.2 percent versus a year ago
- Ford Explorer sales increased 20.7 percent, with 22,715 SUVs sold, marking the vehicle’s best May performance in 13 years
- Ford Expedition sales of 5,758 SUVs were up 13.9 percent last month
- Ford Edge sales increased 11.0 percent, with 13,752 vehicles sold
- Lincoln retail sales increased 9.7 percent in May, marking the brand’s 16th straight month of year- over-year sales gains
Lincoln retail sales were up 16 consecutive months in May. Lincoln MKC delivered strong gains, up 17 percent, followed by the all-new Lincoln Continental, with sales of 1,061 cars. The all-new Lincoln Navigator arrives in dealer showrooms later this year.