Ford Inside News banner

All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST

Tags
fiesta
98K views 440 replies 38 participants last post by  glyphics 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I'm assuming an all new Fiesta should be coming up here pretty soon with the car having been around since the 2011 MY in the US and being refreshed for 2014 MY, so I'm guessing it would be 2017 or 2018 at the latest. My question is has anybody heard or seen anything about the new Fiesta?

#46 · (Edited)
Re: All New Fiesta

Fiesta is an odd duck .. it is not based on the C architecture (like everything else is) ... so I am not sure .. with Mazda spun off, I wonder what Ford has up their sleeve.
Just looking at what's happening with subcompact cars. For example: Nissan has their Versa wheelbase at 102.4. Which is long for a sub-compact, but it is the #1 selling sub-compact in the US. That number stood out because the current Focus, that's getting a longer/wider wheelbase, is currently at 104.3.

So my thought is that Ford would use a shortened version of the current C1 platform that performs very well, for the new larger/wider Fiesta, while using an updated, longer/wider version of the same for the New Focus/Escape/C-Max, etc.

Ford can't go cheap with the Fiesta, because it's their premium city car, and will offer a ST and possibly an RS version next. Unlike the new Ka+

As for Focus, pretty certain that the new platform will be 106.3 like every other new c-segmetn car launched to date.

#4 ·

All we have so far is photos of the next gen Fiesta mule.
What appears to be the platform being tested under a modified version of the current body.

This was initially thought to be an Fiesta RS mule by some publications, but its high ride height, narrow wheels and vertical intercooler suggests that this has a 1.0 liter EcoBoost engine. It's wider track means the new Fiesta will be slightly wider than the current model.

The front camo is probably to test the cooling for the new grill openings.

My guess is we'll probably see spy photos of camo'd next gen Fiestas with its new body by next year.

#7 ·

if they make the Fiesta a skosh wider, imho it'd equal useable space of the Focus...
...in time for a new larger (overall) Focus in the next couple/few/toomany years
:toetap:/A.M.P
The next gen Focus does need to be bigger, at least as far as rear legroom. The only way the rear seat in my Focus in comfortable is if you have no legs, whereas my sister in law has a new Elantra and there is tons of legroom in the back.

#8 ·

All we have so far is photos of the next gen Fiesta mule.
What appears to be the platform being tested under a modified version of the current body.

This was initially thought to be an Fiesta RS mule by some publications, but its high ride height, narrow wheels and vertical intercooler suggests that this has a 1.0 liter EcoBoost engine. It's wider track means the new Fiesta will be slightly wider than the current model.

The front camo is probably to test the cooling for the new grill openings.

My guess is we'll probably see spy photos of camo'd next gen Fiestas with its new body by next year.
I remember seeing this and everybody was thinking it was the RS. I'm really looking forward to the next Fiesta as it's one of my favorite cars in the Ford lineup.

#10 ·

Hoping this program comes along with a new US-bound EcoSport. The sedan/hatchback Fiesta isn't a significant product in the US market but a EcoSport would be and it's sorely needed since Ford is the only one absent.
I'm amazed it's taken this long for the EcoSport to come to the US. Almost everybody else has a vehicle in the class, Ford needs one too.

#11 ·

I'm amazed it's taken this long for the EcoSport to come to the US. Almost everybody else has a vehicle in the class, Ford needs one too.
I don't blame them for not bringing any of the current B-segment Crossovers to the US, they aren't competitive here with the newest crop in this segment. But I am concerned by Ford's lack of planning, I'm not sure why they haven't seen this as a priority in the US. They are many years away from entering this space in the US, we're talking 2018/2019 at the earliest. This is a segment that will likely take away many C-Segment sales (Focus, Cruze, Civic) and Ford has nothing to catch them. I guess we'll just need to watch sales to see how they grow relative to other small cars.

Ford brand will also loose some nameplates over the coming years, like Flex, Focus hatchback (rumored), and (probably) Taurus. So it would be nice if they could bring in a new segment of customer.

#12 ·

^ I'd hesitate to say FoMoCo isn't "planning"
tho
it might have to do with the leadership change-over VS timeline/schedules
+
as said, the Fiesta (& afaik EcoSport) platform(s) aren't really OneFord
& I believe A.M.P could be as miraculous for a wide range of small vehicles
as D6/CD6 will blaze new dimensions for a wide range of large-ISH vehicles

#15 ·

Why would Ford N.A. discontinue the Focus hatch?
Maybe the next Fiesta will use the Focus platform, and be the hatch offering (Golf), while Focus gets a sedan (Jetta), and please, please...a wagon!!

Reactions: Bloggin
#16 ·

I agree that the/an EcoSport ( terrible name it needs to change for North America ) will come to the US. It could even be made in same factory as the North American Fiesta.

But I don't believe that the next-gen Focus in North America will drop its 5door hatchback model. I read recently that it accounts for 40% of its volume, and I'm pretty sure that those 40% include a high percentage of the top trimlines....and thus the more profitable model.

#19 ·

Hoping this program comes along with a new US-bound EcoSport. The sedan/hatchback Fiesta isn't a significant product in the US market but a EcoSport would be and it's sorely needed since Ford is the only one absent.
I have seen the Eco Sport during one of my visits in Asia last year and it really looks great. I can't wait for it to be released in the US.

#22 ·

I like the cleaner lines, more edgy, less round, taller glass area, flatter sides for better aerodynamics, along with being longer and wider. It's also time the Fiesta offered an AWD option, which makes it more viable that a new Focus ST will have it too.

As the #1 selling car for Ford in Europe, and with many European cities banning ICE vehicles at different times, I expect to see a hybrid, plug-in hybrid and EV version. Where we should see the same options on the new Focus, C-Max and Fusion/Mondeo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.