American Idol finalists team with Ford designers to create their own Fiestas - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5
American Idol finalists team with Ford designers to create their own Fiestas

Courtesy of Autoblog.com
Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/17/a...-create-own-f/

In case you hadn't noticed, Fox's hit show American Idol is back in full swing, and this is the first week that the competition has been narrowed down to the top 12 finalists. As you might expect, then, it's high time that the annual Ford sponsorship of AI goes into high gear as well.

Each of the Top 12 Idolists teamed up with four of Ford's brightest up-and-coming designers to come up with their own unique take on the Blue Oval's well-regarded Fiesta hatchback. Fans of the show (or fans of the car, we suppose) can enter the Ford Music Video Challenge once per week from March 17 through May 21, 2010, for a chance to win one of the vehicles you see here and a trip to the set of a Ford Music Video shoot. The grand prize winner gets a package that includes a Fiesta with their choice of one of the Top 12 designs and tickets to the AI finale.

We've gallerized a front-three-quarter shot of each contestant's Ford Fiesta design below. You know, each one of them is just so.... unique... that we can't quite goad ourselves into picking a winner. Therefore, we've just placed them in alphabetical order by the Idolists' first names. Feel free to rank them yourselves in the Comments.

JUST A FEW OF THE FIESTA DESIGNS THAT WERE INTERESTING.......

Andrew Garcia's Ford Fiesta

Casey James' Ford Fiesta

Crystal Bowersox's Ford Fiesta

Lacey Brown's Ford Fiesta

Hit the Link for more Fiesta's.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/17/american-idol-finalists-team-with-ford-designers-to-create-own-f/"]http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/17/a...-create-own-f/[/URL]

Proud leasee of a 2015 Ford Focus EV. MPG = infinite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: American Idol finalists team with Ford designers to create their own Fiestas

my favorite is Casey James's - not cuz it's a guitar theme but just for the colors and design elements of "dots, straight lines and curves"
&
think Aaron Kelly's has got to be the classiest flaming poultry I've ever seen = it'd be cool on a new Tbird

honorable mentions: Didi Benami & Paige Miles
some of the others are W.W.T.T.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5
Re: American Idol finalists team with Ford designers to create their own Fiestas

I think the one I would drive around would be Lacey's, or the flaming poultry. Very unique like me I have to say. They should build them then auction them off for charity.

Proud leasee of a 2015 Ford Focus EV. MPG = infinite
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Content Admin

not my cup of tea.. but I can see what they are trying

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
american, create, designers, fiestas, finalists, ford, idol, team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page