Ford Inside News banner

LAIAS 2012: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST brings the heat to the B-segment

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
2014 Ford Fiesta ST brings the heat to the B-segment

2014 Ford Fiesta ST brings heat to the B-segment

By Jeffrey N. Ross
Posted Nov 28th 2012 3:28PM

For hot hatch buyers who might find the Focus ST a little out of their price range, the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST should be a perfect fit. The new Fiesta ST drops a peppy EcoBoost engine under the hood and gets the usual styling upgrades expected from an ST-badged car.

Available only as a hatchback with a six-speed manual gearbox, the 2014 Fiesta ST gets the 1.6-liter EcoBoost inline four-cylinder that Ford has initially rated at 197 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque. The car also gets an electronic Torque Vectoring Control and a driver-selectable, three-mode stability control system to go with specially tuned steering and a stiffened, lowered suspension. Ford also expects its sporty subcompact to be pretty good on gas, too, with a highway fuel economy rating of up to 34 mpg. Ford has not stated any performance expectations for the car, which is aimed at cars like the Mini Cooper S.

For its styling, Ford gave the Fiesta ST an aggressive look with a new front fascia and lower chin spoiler, a rear fascia diffuser, dual exhaust outlets and exclusive 17-inch wheels. Like the Focus ST, this Fiesta ST will be available with a Molten Orange exterior paint color.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/2014-ford-fiesta-st-la-2012/

See less See more
#6 ·
When is the Order Guide coming for this Hot Hatch ???
I answered (as much as I could) in the other thread, rodmoe:
hi rodmoe,
checking "phharval", Job1 isn't until March 11.
Usually the Order Guides come out roughly a month earlier when the order banks open;
tho it won't surprise me for some details and less-specific pricing to get reported during NAIAS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.