my 18 impression, whats yours
after the unveiling or leaked vids i should say, ill admit, i was underwhelmed. but after reading some details and seeimg some pics i must im happy and looking forward to owning one of these rigs. i thought itd be fun to give yall my impressions and invite ur opinions as well. here are some of my thoughts and impressions for the expy:
1. the expy itself is quite a looker in most angles, but i find myself enamoured by the max edition. the lwb version looks better proportioned than the swb. theres a perfect blend btw modern crossover svelte, and butchy truck machoness, but the blue doesnt do it any favors. speaking of, certain colors make the desgin features pop(red, white) while others make it look kinda dowdy (gray, blue).i like the blofe colored auto run boards with chrome trim, chrome mirror caps, the headlight design and the little airdam underneath the grill.
2. i still think the f150 dash is a bit dated and out of place in it, but the interior was very well done. from the cup holders, the space utilization to seat design and features, im impressed by how modern and family friendly they got the interior, its almost minivan like, and might i say almost foreign in feel. i also believe the platinum will have a piano black finish to the dash trim instead of the plastic trim on lower models.
3. there may be an additional engine option, but i think the platinum model will have a different tune than the others. looking at the site, if you click on the lone pic of the limited model, the engine specs are listed as "standard" and mirrors the current engine specs. probably not raptor tuned but maybe current f150 tune while the std option is the current emgines tune.
4. I hope most of the safety features added are standard to prevent the price from being unreachable. its these features that prevent the current truck from being a safety pick+, so hopefully most of these are bundled in with the lower spec models. speaking of features, theres soooo many.
5. though its been unveiled, the details of it are particularly light, which makes me believe theres some other version of this truck to be revealed, whether a powertrain edition, or a new model (titanium, sport)
in all, the truck is finally modern amd definitely relevant again. its always been hampered by outdated design and features, but at its core, been the best at what it did. now with hlf of its competitors and a whole a other class (large crossovers) gaini g relevance, if price stays competitive, this truck will win back many sales. im just waiting on the configurator to build and price mine, but we still have a navigator to see. if the expy is anything to go by, i think the navi is gonna blow ppls minds.