Ford Inside News banner

FX4 Off-Road Package for 2018 Expedition...

11K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  dcorbett 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Reactions: 2b2
#13 ·
Ford is presenting the Expy and Navi in their highest trim levels to employees, by parking them in all buildings for a day or so. I must have dash fondled them for an hour, lol. Really, really like the Navi. Expy is great and all, but wow, that Lincoln interior just impresses so much.

#16 ·
— FX4Off-RoadPackage(17F)–Optionalon202A
○ 18”Magnetic Metallic-Painted Cast-Aluminum Wheels
○ 275/65R18All-Terrain(A/T)OWL Tires
○ 3.73 Electronic Limited-Slip Differential (eLSD)
○ Premium Off-Road Front and Rear Shocks
○ Two-Speed Automatic 4WD(4x4only) with Neutral Towing Capability
○ Heavy-Duty Engine Radiator
○ Fuel Tank Underbody Protection
○ Skid Plates
○ FX4 Badge
○ Running Boards,Tubular–Chrome
○ Floor Liners, Front and Second Rows

Ok..I am just going to say it. I think the Expedition FX 4 would look more in character with the black cladding around the wheel wells. I bet the aftermarket will take care of that, along with adding larger wheels and beefier tires.

#18 ·
Went to the dealer today, heres some pricing info:

Expedition max 2wd xlt 202A with drivers assistance pkg - $62900

Expedition limited 2wd 300A with driver assistance pkg and led lights - $64400

Going off that it's safe to say:

Swb xlt starts around 51k for 200A 54K for 201A and 58K for 202A add 2.5K to each for lwb and another 1K for 4wd.

Swb limited 300 starts at 60K, 301 for 65K and 302 for 68k.

Platinum swb i would say starts at around 70k.

Going back to order one, but dont like how ford locks out certain options from trims, so i have a lot of thinking to do, swb with more or lwb for cheap

#19 ·
#21 · (Edited)
Well, a price increase was expected as the older model was........old. So much new with the New 2018 model.

I think the higher pricing is really designed to give Ford and the dealers room for discounts while maintaining higher margins.

GM's big SUVs are cheaper until their aluminum replacements launch.
Tahoe: $47,215
Yukon: $48,530
Suburban: $49,915

Base Navigator: $72,155

Then remembering we are talking about the difference between this....

and this.

Price increase just got justified...:rock:

#22 ·
The GMI'ers were trying to say that Ford copied the GM SUVs and used those two profiles as an example.

Reactions: Bloggin
#24 ·
Their biggest argument was the character line running down the body. Which isn't even similar.

#29 ·
06/12/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
07/20/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
09/25/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

They're not even set to be built until late September, someone was saying deliveries potentially around November.

#27 · (Edited)
The thing that's a little odd about the Expedition design is that it's so smooth for a Ford SUV or Truck which is usually more angular and chunky with bulging two-toned trim and more. I think Lincoln is likely responsible for some of the design choices here, right down to the flanged wheel arches and clean design. It does resemble the GM Utes quite a bit which is not a bad thing. You could certainly go in other directions from a design perspective such as Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, etc. but Ford knows GM's design is popular and these companies tend to share an aesthetic anyway. I think were Ford really differs from GM design however is the interior which is much more industrial with harder angles which seems to be at complete odds with a vehicle that looks nothing like the F-150.

#28 ·
When you look carefully at both the new Expedition and Tahoe, you see very different details. Similarities are very few, other than the basic shape, which kind of defines itself based on class. From the rear or front, there is Zero similarities. So basically, a bit of profile. I mean, a van looks like a van and full sized SUV looks like a full sized SUV as well. Short of that, nothing to give GM credit for.

#30 ·
Exactly, because ppl see the shape aloy of ppl say ot looks like the gm utes without realizing the shape has been used for all other large suvs since 2007. Cars.com did a side by side and they look very diff from eachother. I wanted to order mines today, i jus wish there were more photos of the limited and xlt to help make the best decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.