post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

leftlanews review lincoln mkz 2.0 ecoboost

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkz-review.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Ford Focus

I thought the article was pretty harsh. What's with all the talk about the interior materials not being up to par? "Faux appearing wood"? In all of the pics I've seen of it, it looked obviously real to me! I know it's still a year or two away, but, I think that all of these negative comments about the MKZ will be addressed in the mce updates, just like the MKS which overall has been praised by the materials quality and better ride and handling.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: leftlanews review lincoln mkz 2.0 ecoboost

Everybody is specting too much from Lincoln. The MK Z is a very good car, from my point of view, but every car magazine i have readed say is a mediocre product. Is difficult to understand what is the true.

FALCON LOVER ____________________________________________

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Everybody is specting too much from Lincoln.
It has been 2 years since they announced the re-invention of Lincoln. I think they really needed their first effort to meet people's expectations.
Though I don't agree with the writer's view on the wood, I do agree with his take on the hard plastics and lack of headroom.
Being produced next to the Fusion, there are some things that are harder to change. Unfortunately, these are the things most noticable from the drivers seat. Fusion is a great car for its market, but more could have been changed to make the MKZ an obvious step up. The pass through middle console shown off in the advertisments can hardly be noticed from the driver's seat, while the steering wheel that is right in your face, is a clear Fusion design. Just about everything from the driver's seat has an essence of Fusion about it.

Are people expecting too much from Lincoln, or is Lincoln just not meeting their expectations?

The early bird gets the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMuscl View Post
I thought the article was pretty harsh. What's with all the talk about the interior materials not being up to par? "Faux appearing wood"? In all of the pics I've seen of it, it looked obviously real to me! I know it's still a year or two away, but, I think that all of these negative comments about the MKZ will be addressed in the mce updates, just like the MKS which overall has been praised by the materials quality and better ride and handling.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Lincoln has been using real wood in their cars for a while and you can tell because each piece has a unique pattern.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Focus RS WRC

When I explored the MKZ at Houston Auto Show I was impressed with the car inside and out. I loved the materials, design and fit/finish, wood included. I think Lincoln has a hit on its hands and should be proud of their efforts. I can't wait to drive this car in hybrid and eco-boost.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Lincoln has been using real wood in their cars for a while and you can tell because each piece has a unique pattern.
I know that they do as well as actual leather seating, chrome/aluminum trim as well. In a an ES,3series, A4, and CTS, they start with leatherette/vinyl seating as standard! Personally, I think Lincoln should've used a wider strip of wood along the dash like they do in the MKC concept to help bring a little more warmth to the dash area and break up the amount of black/grey soft touch plastic along the top of the dash. Again, I think the mce will address all the so-called negatives the press has said about the car. Overall, I still expect it to sell very well whenever it arrives en mass to dealers! ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ecoboost, leftlanews, lincoln, mkz, review

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page