Ford Inside News Community

Ford Inside News Community (http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/)
-   Lincoln Discussion (http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/37-lincoln-discussion/)
-   -   Another bad article about Lincoln (http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/37-lincoln-discussion/9755-another-bad-article-about-lincoln.html)

joseodiaga4 10-03-2013 09:46 AM

Another bad article about Lincoln

falcon lover 10-03-2013 11:08 AM

Re: Another bad article about Lincoln

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 (Post 122081)

Keep calm
and wait for the MK C

:thumb:

joseodiaga4 10-03-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon lover (Post 122145)
Keep calm
and wait for the MK C

:thumb:

I think that with the MKC, people are going to change their opinion about Lincoln....also Lincoln needs to present the MKC and new Navi ASAP

SP1966 10-03-2013 11:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

“With premium, rear-wheel drive is building block No. 1,” Visnic said. “Lincoln is still trying to push gussied up versions of front-wheel drive Ford cars.”
I agree with the former, am bored with the latter. Stop with the cliched Ford references and at least be original in how you phrase it already. I don't disagree with the sentiment, but by God you're getting paid to write, stop plagiarizing every other Lincoln article written in the past year.

wingsnut 10-03-2013 01:57 PM

Oh look, duplicate Lincoln article number 179……literally cut/paste from others.

What shocks me actually, is that not one of these Google-Journalists will take the risk in writing an original article that can see past where they are today, and project a bit into the future that Lincoln is describing in not-so-insignificant detail. It might actually get people’s attention, assuming that is the goal in the first place – when scattered with so much subjective opinion.
Shame

steffy44 10-03-2013 02:05 PM

Truly, I wonder in all honesty how many people who buy luxury vehicles care if the car is front wheel drive. ****, I bet 50% of the consumers don't even know if there car is FWD or RWD

germeezy1 10-03-2013 03:59 PM

Regardless of the idiocy present in much journalism these articles are not good for the renaissance of Lincoln, and for public perception.

SP1966 10-03-2013 04:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wingsnut (Post 122305)
What shocks me actually, is that not one of these Google-Journalists will take the risk in writing an original article that can see past where they are today, and project a bit into the future that Lincoln is describing in not-so-insignificant detail.

I have no issue with a journalist/media type not writing about what Lincoln says they're going to do until such time as they do it, or for vehicles/trim levels (Black Label) at least show the concepts. Those types of forward looking articles are few and far between and I don't think Lincoln has earned the type of respect as a brand that such an article will likely draw enough readers to make sense. If BMW announced major changes to their business model then it would likely be covered because of their position in their market, whereas Lincoln is still an also ran in the premium market. Lincoln isn't going to be given a pass for, or coverage of, their plans until they have a track record of execution. With only the MKZ and promises at this point there is little to talk about unless like those of us here you have an emotional attachment to Lincoln.

joseodiaga4 10-03-2013 07:18 PM

joseodiaga4 10-03-2013 07:32 PM

also VW and Audi use the same platform (Q7,cayenne, tourage) (golf, A3, seat leon)