Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"... - Ford Inside News Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"...

Jaguar E-Pace compact SUV will be Jaguar's first EV
Low-roofed, performance oriented electric E-Pace is set to go on sale in 2018; will use Formula E honed tech
AutoCar.co.UK

by Hilton Holloway - 9 September 2016

Jaguar has been given the green light to launch a compact all-electric SUV by 2018, putting it ahead of its Range Rover sister brand in the race to get a battery-powered vehicle into showrooms.

The electric Jaguar is due to be revealed by the end of this year. There’s no word yet on what the vehicle will be called, but E-Pace, a name that Jaguar has trademarked, is a distinct possibility.

Autocar understands the electric SUV will be based on the Jaguar Land Rover EV platform unveiled a year ago at a low-carbon vehicle event in Bedfordshire. Although the project was called the Evoque_e, Autocar understands Jaguar is now leading the project, and the styling of the new EV has recently been signed off.

The E-Pace is believed to be slightly smaller than the F-Pace, with a lower roofline and even more dramatic styling.

It’s also thought that the emphasis with the E-Pace project will be on showing how electric drive can deliver vivid performance and handling, as well as exceptional refinement. The new Jaguar will be an example of how battery power can underpin a serious performance car.

Allowing Jaguar to launch JLR’s first EV will help the brand to shake off its remaining ‘old world’ image and will link into its upcoming Formula E race series entry.

The E-Pace is packaged to ensure that it’s classified as an SUV under US market legislation. This is important, because JLR needs to sell EVs in some numbers over the next decade in the important Californian market in addition to internal combustion models.

With the brand emphasising performance and handling prowess, the new electric Jaguar is set to get all-wheel drive. Although this new platform uses aluminium construction, it has little in common with the structures used to underpin JLR’s current generation of aluminium cars...

...In the prototype, JLR said the lithium ion battery pack was rated at 70kWh, but that’s likely to be slightly bigger in the production car for an maximum range of 280 to 300 miles in ideal conditions...

...The front motor develops 114bhp and drives the front wheels through a single-speed transmission. The rear motor is good for 195bhp and drives through a two-speed ZF gearbox, adapted from the unit used by the BMW i8, Autocar understands. Combined output is around 308bhp, but torque hasn’t yet been revealed.

Twin motors should permit very dynamic tuning of this platform, offering torque vectoring for stability control and to help the car turn in to corners. It will also be possible to switch between front, rear and all-wheel drive almost instantaneously.

Autocar understands the future Range Rover EV will be bigger than the E-Pace. Land Rover design boss Gerry McGovern has already strongly hinted about a “longer and lower” future generation of new Range Rover models that could introduce a more modern idea of a luxury interior.

Like the E-Pace, any Range Rover EV would need to have a smaller frontal area as a fundamental part of an energy-saving design. In the same way that the Audi Q6 e-tron has a notably lower roofline than an Audi Q7, a Range Rover EV would need to be aerodynamically much more efficient than today’s models to maximise the battery range. Height-adjustable air suspension will probably be used to offer both decent off-road performance and a road-hugging stance for higher-speed travel.

The Range Rover EV is unlikely to arrive before 2019. This bigger EV platform could also be adapted for a future range-topping Jaguar EV road car to take on the Porsche Mission E and future Teslas.

- - - - - - -

Jaguar Racing launches factory Formula E effort - with new video
Panasonic Jaguar Racing joins leading electric race series to support the development of its future electric road cars
AutoCar.co.UK

8 September 2016
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jag-Formula-E.jpg (39.8 KB, 63 views)
Bloggin and ScarredKnightfan like this.

• Navi info/pix
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
&
& more...

• "The perception that a Lincoln is less, is more important than the reality that Lincoln is more than enough", SP1966
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Jag's E-Pace & "Formula E" ... CutEST Cute-Ute ever?

finally a 2nd post

2017 Jaguar E-Pace spotted ahead of summer debut

Five-seat baby SUV is set to take on the likes of the Audi Q3 with a sub-£30k starting price

AutoCar.co.UK

by Rachel Burgess - 11 January 2017

The Jaguar E-Pace baby SUV has been spotted for the first time as a full-bodied mule, ahead of its unveiling in early summer.

Sitting below the F-Pace and similar in size to the Range Rover Evoque, the five-seat E-Pace will rival models such as the Audi Q3. The new SUV is set to use the Land Rover Discovery Sport’s steel platform and could be built alongside that model at the brand’s Halewood plant...

...It will also feature the latest development of Jaguar’s Incontrol Touch Pro infotainment system and showcase the firm’s improving interior quality. It is expected to use 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol and diesel Ingenium engines, which are produced at Jaguar Land Rover’s Engine Manufacturing Centre in Wolverhampton...

...Launching a car in such a fast-growing segment is likely to boost Jaguar’s sales. The F-Pace is the fastest-selling Jaguar yet, and a smaller SUV could do better still...
The E-Pace is expected to undercut the Evoque, which starts at £30,600, and will cost significantly less than the F-Pace, priced from £35,020...
The new Jaguar is set to be unveiled in May, away from the motor show circuit. It will appear after the anticipated Range Rover Coupé, which is due at the Geneva motor show in March and is set to target the US market, which is key to JLR’s SUV fortunes...
Bloggin and ScarredKnightfan like this.

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...

• "The perception that a Lincoln is less, is more important than the reality that Lincoln is more than enough", SP1966
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

can't believe I still can't find an F-Pace thread...

...Oh well

AWD is STD ...&... it's REAR-biased Awd

186.5 - 111.2 - 2010 Lincoln MKX
186.2 - 113.1 - Jaguar F-Pace
184.3 - 110.6 - BMW X4 (& X3? dunno)
184.3 - 110.5 - Porsche Macan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F-Pace size.JPG (84.5 KB, 49 views)

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...

Last edited by 2b2; 03-07-2017 at 07:09 PM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
re: Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"...

I sat in the F pace and as much as I liked it the interior was cramped. I hope they did a better job packaging the E pace but probably not.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Jag's E-Pace & "Formula E" & ...

instagram: i Pace

Jaguar E-Pace To Accelerate Brand's SUV Push
CarScoops

Mar 5, 2017 | By Brad Anderson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPACE.JPG (96.9 KB, 39 views)
Bloggin likes this.

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...

Last edited by 2b2; 03-10-2017 at 06:39 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

re: Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"...

InsideEVs.com
Jaguar-i-pace-the-future-of-electric-motoring-hits-the-streets/

...the final production-intent version will be presented in September 2017, with sales to begin in the second half of 2018...

...“Jaguar has unleashed its first electric vehicle – the Jaguar I-PACE – onto the streets for the first time. Driving on the streets of London’s famous Olympic Park, the electric performance SUV concept previews Jaguar’s first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be revealed in late 2017 and will be on the road in the second half of 2018.”

“The I-PACE will be a long distance sprinter that accelerates to 60 mph in around 4 seconds, with a range of more than 500km (NEDC cycle) from the 90kWh lithium-ion battery. Charging is easy and quick, with 80 per cent charge achieved in just 90 minutes using 50kW DC charging.

Compact, lightweight electric motors at the front and rear axles generate a combined output of 400PS and 700Nm of torque, with the all-weather benefits of all-wheel drive. The I-PACE will also deliver the agility, ride comfort and refinement that will set it apart from all other electric vehicles: it will be a true Jaguar and a true drivers’ car.”

Ian Callum Director of Design, Jaguar said:
“The feedback on the I-PACE Concept has been fantastic. With the I-PACE Concept we’ve torn up the rule book to create a vehicle with supercar inspired aesthetics, sports car performance and SUV space, in one electric package. It has surprised people and the enthusiasm for our first electric vehicle has been beyond all my expectations.”

“Driving the concept on the streets is really important for the design team. It’s very special to put the car outside and in the real-world. You can see the true value of the I-PACE’s dramatic silhouette and powerful proportions when you see it on the road, against other cars. The I-PACE Concept represents the next generation of battery electric vehicle design. For me, the future of motoring has arrived.”

Quick specs:
0-60 mph in ~4 seconds
AWD, 400 hp total and 516 lb-ft of torque (two 200 hp electric motors)
220+ mile / 350 km all-electric range
liquid-cooled 90 kWh battery with cells from LG Chem
23-inch wheels (pretty standard fare for a concept vehicle)
drag coefficient of 0.29
at least 50 kW DC fast charging with CCS Combo
Heat pump
class-leading regen – up to 150 kW
5 seats
length: 184 inches, width: 74.4

https://www.slashgear.com/the-jaguar...w-it-15478815/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/j...ets-of-london/

Bloggin likes this.

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"...

re-swiping from Vince

• Navi info/pix
&
&
&
& more...

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:04 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Really wish Lincoln could design SUVs that look this good.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I think the MKX looks really good I am curious to see how the C and X will adopt the new Conti grille.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I really don't think the i-pace looks that good.
70 Stang likes this.

Current Vehicle:
2009 AWD Flex Limited
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof | Navigation | PowerFold™ 40/40 2nd Row/Console | Refrigerator | Aftermarket dual headrest DVD System | PowerCode™ Remote Start | Towing Package | 22" Edge Sport wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page