Ford US Announces December and Full Year 2012 Sales - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
The Spaminator

Ford US Announces December and Full Year 2012 Sales

Ford Sales End Up 4.7-%
FordInsideNews
January 3, 2012
By: Austin Rutherford

Another year of car sales is over in the United States and Ford ended the year with sales rising 4.7-% over levels seen in 2011. December sales were also up 2-%.

2012 sales were lead by impressive gains seen by many models including the Focus (up 40-%), Explorer (up 16.7-%), and F-Series (up 10.3-%). Once again the F-Series was the best selling truck and the best selling overall vehicle in the US.

December sales saw impressive gains by the Ford Focus, Fiesta, Explorer, and Heavy Trucks. December was the first month of sales for the all-new Lincoln MkZ, though low inventory still hurt sales as production ramps up. Lincoln brand saw sales fall 12.1-% for December and 4.1-% for the year.

The C-Max Hybird and Energi again saw impressive sales of 4,310 units. Fusion sales have mostly recovered following the all-new model. Ford Escape sales fell an unpleasing 21.3-% in December perhaps due to low inventories or by the higher incentives on the old model last year.

Due to rising sales of rivals, mostly by Japanese due to last year's tsunami, Ford lost market share as rivals out gained the automaker

original Tables Link (gone!)

- - - - - - - - - - -

edit/update for Monthly Sales Section

article with charts now @
at.ford.com

&
.png's

&
LINK to Ford .jpgs and GM .pdf in other thread

Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this POST? Email Me

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Re: Ford US Announces December and YTD 2012 Sales

It's good to see Ford doing well. Although doesn't look like Lincoln performed too well can't say as I'm surprised. I am however surprised the Taurus doesn't sell better because in my opinion it's certainly one of the best looking or should I say the best looking large car on the market as of now.

2001 MERCURY SABLE LS PREMIUM 133K
2007 MERCURY MILAN BASE 65K
2011 BUICK LACROSSE CXL 17K
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Ford Focus

I was hoping the Taurus would break its own sales record (as a fullsize). I don't expect it to do too well in the next couple years Also of note, this should be the last press release that includes Mercury sales.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury & Buick Fan View Post
It's good to see Ford doing well. Although doesn't look like Lincoln performed too well can't say as I'm surprised. I am however surprised the Taurus doesn't sell better because in my opinion it's certainly one of the best looking or should I say the best looking large car on the market as of now.
It's right up there with 300 sales, and if you add in police interceptor sales, or take a way Charger police interceptor sales, the Taurus is within a few thousands sales of being number one.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Next year should be better with the new MKZ

And if the Taurus gets better rear visibility I could see that helping sales. I had a 13 rental and I had a seriously hard time parking it.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Ford Ka

Good sales numbers by way every one I got dibs on that Red Explorer in the picture. Ausrutherford great pic you are using I absolutely love the new Ford Explorer.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Not bad sales report - Ford was going against strong comps in December 2011 whereas Government Motors wasn't. Ford is still seeing new model lags in sales likely due to low inventory. Government Motors wishes its new Camry were selling - it is dropping like a rock and the only reason the old Silverdodo sold well is because of huge incentives and people likely saw the new version and said "if I'm going to buy this old model with new sheetmetal, let me buy it at a significant price discount since nothing has really changed."

Interesting - both Buick and Cadillac are experiencing cannibalism - low rent models stealing sales from existing models. You just don't introduce a low rent model with lower margins and not do something to make your next level models even better. Most of all the gains in Buick and Cadillac are coming from new nameplate additions, and not from existing nameplates. There is about 10 months more of this left in the existing models before the reality of how dreadful they are stunts sales like it always happens at Buick and Cadillac. You'll never see the old Ford Escape and Fusion effect at these two brands - they never have models sell better the longer they exist.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Focus RS WRC

No proper replacement for the Town Car pulled Lincoln down for 2012. IF you backout Town Car, total for 2012 is 81.1K vs 76.2K for 2011. Therefore you can say Lincoln finished year 2012 ahead of 2011 by 4.9K vehicles.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
I think part of the Taurus sales number comes from the huge success of the Fusion.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Ford Ka

Great result Focus! Hopefully it's enough to claim the worlds no1 selling car crown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2012, announces, december, ford, full, sales, year, ytd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page