Not open for further replies.

Future Product Guide: Ford-Lincoln - AutomotiveNews

22K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Re: Ford-Lincoln future product timeline

:thumb: THANKS for posting this, Jose!!
I've been completely forgetting to check AutoNews for it :facepalm:

imho it's kinda funny how they use terms that disguise if it's a facelift , more substantial MCE, or new platform

maybe more after I reboot my ancient puter............
............'k, all better, I hope

thinking we'll get a more informed picture if F & L are combined [with additions]

ESCAPE (Refresh 2015)(Redesign 2017) / MKC (Redesign 2017)

FOCUS (Re-engineering in 2015)(Redesign 2017)

EDGE (Redesign late 2014) / MKX (Redesign early 2015)

FUSION (Freshen in 2016) / MKZ (?), China-MKZ-Lwlb [2015]

EXPLORER (Freshen in 2015)(Redesign 2017) / AVIATOR/MKX-L,China [?]

TAURUS (Redesign late? 2015) / MKSwic (Redesign early? 2016)

EXPEDITION (Redesign 2017) / NAVIGATOR (Redesign 2016)

this^ leaves me with the feeling it's obvious more is coming for Lincoln WITHIN this^ timeframe — despite my [additions]

#6 ·
"Ford Motor is working on a flagship Lincoln sedan, known internally as the Continental, that could become or replace the MKS. It has a transverse-mounted front engine and all-wheel drive."

MKS and New Continental will sell side by side(in the US but NOT in China), until the new Mustang based smaller MKS sedan is launched.

On the Ford side, a Fusion ST and SHO is what's needed to take on the Charger, especially with the Taurus getting even larger.

#14 ·
^ ehaase,
just-imho, this could be a "time-sensitive" situation (ie, like I say almost constantly)
""ANYthing ANY Ford-suit says is Only valid for the day spoken""
so
'''No New TaurUSA ..... at the Mo / in This go'round'''

&
coulda sowrn I hit [submit] earlier...

no surprise that even the Media! doesn't know much about what FLincMoCo is planning...
...but couldn't they at least put their INcomplete Half-guessings in a legible graphic?

#16 ·

They debuted Black Label a year ago! They need to be faster! and you know it!
spreading the 'news'
Quote:
"...the Black Label option is not going to be available until after 1st of year (Jan 2015) and only in the test markets of LA, Chicago, Dallas, NYS and Miami. These are the tentative locations.."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Black Label Information - MKZforum.com
03-20-2014

#18 ·
From Lincoln website:
Clients interested in acquiring a Lincoln Black Label-equipped vehicle will find the shopping and selection process personal and enjoyable. Whether a client’s first point of contact is through the Lincoln website or at the dealership, Black Label experts will guide them through the process. Lincoln Black Label is intended to launch near the end of 2014.
Lincoln you announced Black Label a full year ago. You have introduced ONE new model in that time and NOTHING else. What the **** are Lincoln employees doing all day??? Why can they get nothing accomplished?? Has Lincoln given up on America and only concerned about China?

I don't get it?????

#19 ·
From Lincoln website:

Lincoln you announced Black Label a full year ago. You have introduced ONE new model in that time and NOTHING else. What the **** are Lincoln employees doing all day??? Why can they get nothing accomplished?? Has Lincoln given up on America and only concerned about China?

I don't get it?????
from Lincoln instagram:
lincolnmotorco: Black Label will become available on the MKC and MKZ around the end of the year @blindniggasamurai_ @joseodiaga4. But we'll get you a closer look with some photos long before then!

#20 ·

They debuted Black Label a year ago! They need to be faster! and you know it!
Yeah and Lincoln has more projects going on than any other luxury brand they are making sure each product is perfect and BL will be too just give it some time re-inventions don't happen overnight.

#23 ·

Link please?
Do I really need to link you? Did all your incessant Lincoln bashing make miss some of the biggest news like the new all aluminum Navigator? Which btw will be an industry first no one not even your beloved Cadillac with its butt ugly Escalade can match that. How about the upcoming MKS replacement that wings has hinted at which will be a far superior vehicle to the XTS. Yeah exactly.

#24 ·

it is not overnight, it is 2 years since the commitment!
4 years...They announced their commitment to Lincoln when they announced they were folding Mercury.

#25 ·

Yeah and Lincoln has more projects going on than any other luxury brand they are making sure each product is perfect and BL will be too just give it some time re-inventions don't happen overnight.
Do I really need to link you? Did all your incessant Lincoln bashing make miss some of the biggest news like the new all aluminum Navigator? Which btw will be an industry first no one not even your beloved Cadillac with its butt ugly Escalade can match that. How about the upcoming MKS replacement that wings has hinted at which will be a far superior vehicle to the XTS. Yeah exactly.
I am aware of the various Lincoln products in the pipeline. I am not aware that "Lincoln has more projects going on than any other luxury brand". So yes, you could provide a link to back up your fantasy posts if you wish to be taken seriously. Or, you could just continue to make a fool of yourself with each and every post.

Your call.

#26 ·

I am aware of the various Lincoln products in the pipeline. I am not aware that "Lincoln has more projects going on than any other luxury brand". So yes, you could provide a link to back up your fantasy posts if you wish to be taken seriously. Or, you could just continue to make a fool of yourself with each and every post.

Your call.
true, not in the bad way BOS but if you have a link of the projects should be nice because so far Lincoln doesn't have more projects going on than other luxury brand! They are doing a great job and they need keep doing to it but so far the only new products is the MKC (and the conti if it is coming), the others vehicles are just refresh or redesign! (Z,Navi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.