Future Product Guide: Ford-Lincoln - AutomotiveNews - Page 5 - Ford Inside News Community
 11Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Focus RS WRC

Re: Future Product Guide: Ford-Lincoln - AutomotiveNews

2b2 I have a quick question please. Do you know when the 2016 Ford Edge will begin production? I love the new Edge but I'm trying to hold out for the 2016 model to get Sync 3. I'm sorry if this is not actually on topic, but I thought it was close, no? Thanks!
2b2 likes this.

Ford ~ Mercury ~ Lincoln

Lifelong Fan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 11:48 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I added this date-link to the OG thread's first post
Donlen Dec14,2015
it shows the 2016my Edge started production 3 days ago on Dec15
so maybe 8 weeks to first ones at dealers - are you gonna special order?
have you looked at the OG yet? we got it Oct12
scford58 likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 12-19-2015 at 11:55 PM.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Focus RS WRC

Thanks 2b2 the OG is very helpful. I thought the 2016 should be starting soon but my dealership kept telling me late Spring. I suspect they were hoping I would give in and buy the 2015.

I wasn't planning to place a special order, unless I cannot find an Edge equipped the way I prefer. I told my salesman, "If you want over $40k of my money, you need to give me a car exactly like I requested." I don't think that is too much to ask, and of course, I was very nice about it.

I'm looking to get a 2016 Edge Titanium, white with stone interior and panoramic roof. Most important are the safety nannies, sync 3 and AWD. This car would be perfect if a hybrid was optional, I will most likely go with the 2.0 instead of the 3.5.

Thanks again 2b2, you've been most helpful.
2b2 likes this.

Ford ~ Mercury ~ Lincoln

Lifelong Fan!

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 07:40 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I was 'reminded' of this thread today and guess an annual update is in order (fwiw)

snippets below from respective Brand pages (some of which are definitely out-of-date!)
LINCOLN
Aviator:
Lincoln is planning a large crossover on the same platform as the next-generation Ford Explorer to fill a big hole in its lineup. Its expected to revive the Aviator name, which was retired in 2005. Production is expected to begin in late 2018, though the vehicle may not reach dealerships until early 2019.
Coupe:
Lincoln has promised two new vehicles by 2020, not counting the Continental. One of them is the Aviator. A Ford Mustang-based luxury coupe has been a longstanding rumor, and this is the most likely addition to round out the brands lineup. It probably would arrive around the same time as the next-generation Mustang in 2020.

FORD
Ranger:
Ford is eager to give GM a run for its money in the midsize pickup segment. It plans to start building a new version of the Ranger -- a nameplate killed in the U.S. five years ago but still going strong overseas -- at the Michigan Assembly Plant in 2018, after the Focus and C-Max move out. Key for Ford will be avoiding too much overlap with the larger and more expensive F-150, a tricky proposition given that the Ranger will have a steel body and only marginally better fuel economy.
Bronco:
Within two years of the Ranger's return in 2018, Ford plans an SUV on the same platform. The target here is clearly the Jeep Wrangler, so expect a vehicle heavily focused on off-road capabilities and customization.
Model E(/E's):
Ford fought Tesla for the rights to the Model E name. That's because it wants to use the name for what amounts to a family of compact vehicles with various levels of electrification. The Model E, available as a crossover as well as a car, will follow a strategy similar to that of the Hyundai Ioniq, which is to be offered as a hybrid, plug-in hybrid and pure electric vehicle. The EV version is expected to have a range of about 200 miles per charge, a target CEO Mark Fields confirmed Ford is shooting for to challenge Tesla and the Chevrolet Bolt. Production is planned for the spring of 2019 in Mexico.
Explorer:
Significantly freshened in 2015, the Explorer is due for a redesign in 2019. It will move to Ford's flexible CD6 platform at that time.
Flex:
The Flex, a boxy alternative to the Explorer, won't live to see a second generation, but Ford is in no hurry to kill it either because it's popular in California and profitable. It will keep lurking on dealer lots until 2018, disappearing just before the next Explorer enters the pipeline.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pipeline Dec2016.JPG (119.0 KB, 182 views)
scford58, hbmf3 and Bloggin like this.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 07:05 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by me-elsewhere
I've never hated the MKT
but
I hate that Fomoco seems to like having a putrid/mold-spore model next to their fresh stuff.
imho
it'd be so easy to put an MKX-skin over a Flex'frame'...

...'nother way to put it:
if it's not good enuf to [BL]-ize, it doesn't belong in the lineup

+
thinking that the 9-speed oughta be ready before the end of cy2017
and that^ along with a torque-vectoring-3.0T would make a darn-nice, interim "X-Lg"...
...to keep large(ish)-Cuv-customers from forgetting about Lincoln

edit:
wondering it WAS made&marketed as an
"X-Lg"
if they could start at a (single?) higher trim level + [BL]?
edit:
without a competitive 3-row Cuv, there's gonna be, Or-SHOULD-Be
a HUGE $tep up from [BL]MKX to [BL]Navi

Last edited by 2b2; 12-24-2016 at 07:46 PM.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Focus RS WRC

Garage

The first spy shots of the 2018 Tourneo Courier are out now.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fi...ft-112061.html
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

Last edited by badhac; 12-28-2016 at 02:04 PM.
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:13 PM
FIN Staff Member

The temp grille looks a bit different from the current model, along with lower grille. Maybe testing had to do with engine cooling with the new grille concept?

2b2 likes this.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:43 PM
FIN Staff Member

January 8-22, 2017 - North American International Auto Show.

PRESS PREVIEW - JANUARY 9-10, 2017
Join exhibiting automakers and tier one suppliers along with journalists on a global stage for two full days of reveals, debuts and memorable moments. Featuring over 750 vehicles and countless interactive displays, NAIAS is North Americas largest and most prestigious automotive showcase.
badhac likes this.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 06:03 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
automotivenews, fordlincoln, future, guide, product, timeline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page