Ford Inside News banner

Which one is your favorite Euro brand available in the US?

• Aston Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audi/Lamborghini

• BMW/Rolls Royce

• Ferrari

• Jaguar/Land Rover

• Lotus

• Maserati

• Mercedes-Benz/Maybach

• Mini

• Porsche

• Saab

• Smart

• Volvo

• Volkswagen/Bentley

Which is your favorite Euro brand? . . .

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  silvercv2002 
#1 ·
. . . available in the US.

Rant on . . .

Multiple choice allowed

#2 ·
gotta re-arrange these & group some (rants included ;))

Aston Martin __________ waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ComeBack!!!! [*][*][*] < kisses not X's
Jaguar/Land Rover ______ [x] mainly Jag, just not a Suv guy, even for the best Suv's in the world
Volvo _______________ [X] WUB - tho I do want to kick 'em in the ass (or take away their Ludes)
Lotus ________________ meh (definition: things I can't take seriously)
Ferrari _______________ meh - but,
Maserati ______________ [x] :) tho Fiat & AlfaRomeo even more
Saab ________________ can't vote for 'shadows'(of their former selves)
M-B/Maybach/Smart ___ ASSHOLES!!!!! (is ANUSES more PC?) after they Raped-Pillaged-&-Sold Chrysler into Slavery... further comments reserved cuz I'd go on a WWII tangent I really HATE them!
BMW/Rolls Royce/Mini __ needs a Bungle intervention & really need to stop doing whatever DRUGS they're on - RR MEH/YUCK - Mini meh/yuck (small case *wink*)
Volkswagen/Audi/Bentley/Lamborghini(/Porsche could be here now too, no?) __ if they just stopped doing DRUGS with BungleMW - I'd like to like them - the previous Passat impressed me - have always liked the A4, less with its stupid grille - Bentley ContinentalGT is so purty I don't mind them using that name - Lambo: meh, only driven by the guys selling Bungle his DRUGS - Porsche, never been into them - the faint possibility of Skoda & SEAT coming here...
conclusion: would really like to check that box but VW-et-al won't let me

aside: really think there's something fundamentally 'wrong' with all the German mfgs.

voted V, J/LR, AM (sigh), Maserati

ps What about SatrOpel? too confusing? I'd vote for them just for the nextgen VectrAura!

#3 ·
gotta re-arrange these & group some (rants included ;))
Did you vote? ;)

i know there would be some comments about the arrangement of the brands. The program only allows 10 options, and after I tried to edit the poll it offered me two extra ones (not much help)

The reason I didn't put all the VW group brand together is that they are so many and cover such a broad spectrum that I wouldn't have made much sense. I did their arrangement in the same way they are divided internally. In one corner, the Audi people in command of Lamborghini (and SEAT also in Europe) and in the other the VW bunch in charge of Bentley (and Skoda in Europe). Porsche although a close cousin, is not formally part of the group and wouldn't have fitted in any of those subgroups. When they sallow the whole VW group and they intend to do hen we could think about rearranging this list.

Mercedes are not such bad guys, at least not anymore. In 1998, the egomaniac Jürgen Schremp convinced the spineless Mr. Eaton to let him have Chrysler, the rest is history. Poor Dr. Z had no choice but to drop Chrysler like a hot potato because that is exactly what it was for them. Don't hate them so much, they make fantastic cars. :)

#4 ·
Did you vote? ;)

yup - right after I posted
&
no criticism of your list, Sobe - just wanted to personalize it a bit :D
&
"The program only allows 10 options, and after I tried to edit the poll it offered me two extra ones (not much help)"

OOOOOoooooooo a LoOpHoLe!!!!!!

"Mercedes are not such bad guys, at least not anymore. In 1998, the egomaniac Jürgen Schremp convinced the spineless Mr. Eaton to let him have Chrysler, the rest is history. Poor Dr. Z had no choice but to drop Chrysler like a hot potato because that is exactly what it was for them. Don't hate them so much, they make fantastic cars."

While I have no trouble admitting I'm having an emotional reaction to the situation AND don't know all the details
yet the bottom line imho is Chrysler could well be on death's door...
so unless/even-if Mopar recovers, I'm keeping the 'charge' as Attempted Murder
I'll skip the 'sentence' except to to mention the addendum "with extreme prejudice" :mad:very:mad:
(plus I don't find most of the Damned-Bent vehicles to be attractive anymore - concepts and preliminary sketches possibly excluded - and even then a lot I chalk up to Mazda-envy ;))

#5 ·
My fav is Volvo, best seats in the house. I found owning Volvo's the longer you own them the more you appreciate them Over time you realize the small simple things the designers thought of for the driver and passengers comfort.
Great cars, smart company and being a small company, Volvo has the advantage of tweaking and modifying vehicles within a MY.

#7 ·
VW. Gotta love those TDI Jettas. Not saying that I would ever buy one, Id buy a Focus or a Cobalt before I even thought about buying any import, but if I gotta go with a Euro, VW would be my choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.