Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mercury Sable

• Volvo C30

FoMoCo's Most significant model of 08'

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  AlRozzi 
#1 ·
Although the LR3, Mercury Sable, and Ford Focus are tech already on the road, and FoMoCo is in the process of selling Jaguar/ Land Rover, what model across the board of Ford-Lincoln-Mercury, Jag/ LR, Volvo or Mazda will be the best in terms of sales and consumer reaction in the 2008 MY?

#3 ·
I had to pick the Focus. It is already here, and getting good reviews. This is a step above the old Focus, and will help the Focus image as it readies for the new model. It has to improve sales and image so Verve can neatly fit under it.

The MKS would have been my pick, but it probably won't be a 2008 model, neither will the Flex.

#4 ·
Unlike the Flex, when it was presented to the public last spring in NYIAS 07, the MKS we will see in a few days in LA is almost production ready.

You are right though, both the KS and the Flex will be early 09 models, introduced in the summer of 08.

I voted for the MKS as it is the model that will consolidate the future of this new re-focused Lincoln-Mercury division.

#5 ·
Flex. Sure, the most significant car of Ford Motor Company for 2008 , and, maybe, entire decade. Flex is the "new minivan" for Ford, Flex will capture the buyers are going out Explorers and Expeditions.... And Flex is the most atractive car from Ford in a decade.

I want my Flex in red...please

#8 ·
The question would be, what daring Ford would risk letting you be seen in? :rolleyes:
To be honest, I like the new Taurus, I would buy it over the Avalon, and also the Taurus X.
A Mustang Bullitt is good, but I prefer the upcoming Camaro, so if Ford put some cash on the hood, they might get my attention.
Remember, SobeSVT, I am a customer, and right now, Ford needs my money.
The Flex, is a winner.. its unlike anything in Fords showrooms now

#9 ·
Re: FoMoCo's Most significant model of 08' (cy?my?both?)

[X] all of the above
plus
ROTW
- Orion-FALCON
- Mz2 (& FiestaVerbe? these are related, no???)
& the new Ka will be out too, no? the one based on the SOLD-OUT Fiat Cinquecento
not sure if the XC60, nextgen S60, or S40-replacement will intro
or the next Mz3 (it could happen)
U.S.
- Fusion,Milan,MKZ über-major-MCE(afaWk)
- Escape,Mariner drivetrain upgrade
- Mustang MCE?
- the Panthers' mystery-makeover?
I don't follow trucks that closely, isn't the F-150 due? and maybe the Transit? & a NAIAS surprise?

#10 ·
To be honest, I like the new Taurus, I would buy it over the Avalon, and also the Taurus X.
A Mustang Bullitt is good, but I prefer the upcoming Camaro, so if Ford put some cash on the hood, they might get my attention.
Remember, SobeSVT, I am a customer, and right now, Ford needs my money.
The Flex, is a winner.. its unlike anything in Fords showrooms now
I didn't know you were in the market. What happened to the HHR?

#11 ·
Flex. Sure, the most significant car of Ford Motor Company for 2008 , and, maybe, entire decade. Flex is the "new minivan" for Ford, Flex will capture the buyers are going out Explorers and Expeditions.... And Flex is the most atractive car from Ford in a decade.

I want my Flex in red...please
What he said. The Flex is the best executed Ford product since the S197 Mustang of 2005, and it is even more significant than that car since the Flex represents a serious foray back into a segment Ford seemed to be abandoning for good.

#12 ·
For me it was the Flex. Like Falconlover said, it may be one of Ford's most important vehicles of the decade, not just for 2008. The interior is easily one of the best we've seen from Ford. Add to that it's beautiful exterior styling, AWD with the 3.5 V-6, the functionality of a minivan and Ford will have a winner. MKS was a very close second for me though.

#16 ·
Of the cars listed, I like Sable best.

However, considering the economic climate and fuel prices, Focus and C30 are important to Ford.

But "most significant" for Ford is likely to be Flex. It fills a void left by the minivans and possibly redefines or even creates a new segment. Furthermore, it will add sales to the Ford tally because it is filing an empty slot on the showroom floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.