Collectible Automobile Magazine Article [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Collectible Automobile Magazine Article

Dick Nesbitt
11-27-2007, 02:21 PM
:) The February 2008 [it's out now] issue of Collectible Automobile magazine has a feature article on "Designing Seventies Cars:Mission Impossible?" by noted author,Mike Lamm.
--Also featured is an article I authored with illustrations--"The Disco Deco Decade:Studio Design Experiences in the Seventies"..........
By coincidence,a "Personality Profile:A Life in Design" story is also included about Bob Marcks,a former designer with both Ford and Chrysler.......
--I met Bob many years ago when he was a partner with Marcks Hazelquist Powers,a noted industrial design office in Detroit.
Bob spent a lot of his time reviewing my portfolio and encouraged me to attend Art Center College of Design in California and to become an automotive designer with Ford.
- Dick Nesbitt

Mbukukanyau
11-27-2007, 06:57 PM
:) The February 2008 [it's out now] issue of Collectible Automobile magazine has a feature article on "Designing Seventies Cars:Mission Impossible?" by noted author,Mike Lamm.
--Also featured is an article I authored with illustrations--"The Disco Deco Decade:Studio Design Experiences in the Seventies"..........
By coincidence,a "Personality Profile:A Life in Design" story is also included about Bob Marcks,a former designer with both Ford and Chrysler.......
--I met Bob many years ago when he was a partner with Marcks Hazelquist Powers,a noted industrial design office in Detroit.
Bob spent a lot of his time reviewing my portfolio and encouraged me to attend Art Center College of Design in California and to become an automotive designer with Ford.
- Dick Nesbitt
Does the magazine have an online presence?

SobeSVT
11-28-2007, 09:40 AM
No they don't, neither they have a substantial newsstand presence (like super markets or kiosks) but you can find it in Barns & Noble and the airport newsstands or on the streets of "reading cities" like New York City, Los Angeles or Chicago.

Automobile Collectible is a feast for anyone's eyes and for car lovers in particular. If that wasn't enough, their articles are thoroughly researched, and very well written. I would advise to get a subscription. I still haven't received the issue with the article the our friend Mr. Nesbitt is telling us about here, and I am really holding my self not to run to B&N buy it. I will comment more after I read it.

megeebee
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I second what Sobe says. It is a sort of "Bible-in-small" on collectible autos. The articles are well researched and written. And in my experience, the information is nearly always correct.

MaxLegroom
12-31-2007, 09:58 PM
I'll agree there. I've often returned to issues in my archives to prove a point.

Considering my recent record as far as buying the magazine is concerned, I might as well subscribe.

I enjoyed your article, but I find it hard to believe the government was responsible for that much mayhem. What, for example, would cause Chrysler designers to make the '74 Dodge look like a '72 Buick? Who would know, or admit to it?

Mbukukanyau
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I think I will swing by a bookstore and take a look at this Magazine

Dick Nesbitt
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll agree there. I've often returned to issues in my archives to prove a point.

Considering my recent record as far as buying the magazine is concerned, I might as well subscribe.

I enjoyed your article, but I find it hard to believe the government was responsible for that much mayhem. What, for example, would cause Chrysler designers to make the '74 Dodge look like a '72 Buick? Who would know, or admit to it?

Good point--In 1969,Chrysler's full-size cars came out with the "Fuselage Look",incorporating the upper body "greenhouse"and lower body area as a dramatic,integrated-- and wide, continuous,unbroken surface .
--GM was very impressed--and stated the Fuselage Look would influence their next all-new full-size cars--which it did for 1971.........
Then,at great expense and just in time for the great fuel crash of 1974--Chrysler copies,as best they could--the 1971 GM cars!!!!
--Dick Nesbitt

Eurythmian
03-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm going to pick one up ASAP.

Looking forward to it.:)