Not impressed Ford (Rant) [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Not impressed Ford (Rant)

IAMCANADIAN
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I've been trying to find out information on the Ford Mustang (more details) than what I already know and I'm unimpressed with ford.ca. Fordvehicles.com was a lot better but US trim levels are different than Canadian. I've noticed this with other sites like honda.ca and acura.ca for example. Other brands for example like GM, Chrysler (although you need to read the PDF spec sheet on the website) and Toyota offer full detailed information. Out of all of them, GM I find is the best for spec information on their sites and brochures and other brands should be doing the same. If I'm buying/leasing a car (which I'm going to be this year), I want to know EVERYTHING about the car and, full, legitimate details and so far I'm getting zilch from Ford. Even the Mustang brochure isn't that detailed. This might be a way to get people to visit the dealer, but it most cases the salespeople are clueless and usually give false info.

I'm going to look at the Mustang at a dealership near me and we'll see how it goes. I sat in a Mustang coupe at this one dealer at the automall and was really unimpressed as well. They have no showroom and their salespeople are crap. While this other Ford dealer should be better, if I get the same kind of service, don't count on me buying a Ford. While Ford has some great vehicles, they need to show that with good dealerships, salespeople and information. If you can't do that, why should I buy from you? I go to a GM dealer and I'm treated great, that's why I've bought 2 GM's and most likely it'll be a third.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I might look at the Mustang while I'm on vacation in California as there's an automall near where I'm staying. End of rant :)

SobeSVT
03-02-2007, 08:06 PM
This page for SPECS (http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/features/specs/), this page for OPTIONS (http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/features/) and this page for MODELS (http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/index.asp?SECTION=MODELS) look pretty detailed to me.

For example, each car in the models page

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4504/picture9ta2.png

has a link to a page for the specific car

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1286/picture10mz6.png

with all the specs and options with links explaining the most relevant of them.

In any case I hope that the next dealership gives you the treatment that you expect and deserve.

Welcome!!

IAMCANADIAN
03-02-2007, 09:09 PM
The Mustang in Canada has different trim levels and features than US models do and the Ford.ca site is even worse than fordvehicles.com. I actually got more info off fordvehicles.com than I did ford.ca. Too bad the trim levels aren't the same. Even Ford Media website doesn't tell you anything. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I do like the Mustang a lot though, too bad I can't get enough info.

SobeSVT
03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
The Mustang in Canada has different trim levels and features than US models do and the Ford.ca site is even worse than fordvehicles.com. I actually got more info off fordvehicles.com than I did ford.ca. Too bad the trim levels aren't the same. Even Ford Media website doesn't tell you anything. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I do like the Mustang a lot though, too bad I can't get enough info.

Good luck with that. Let us know what happens.

TiburonJT
03-03-2007, 01:59 AM
I understand your frustration. It sometimes seems very difficult to get info on vehicles from the manufacturers' sites. Comparing Mustang models to each other on the Canadian site provides some info. Hopefully you can get the rest from th dealer or Ford.

IAMCANADIAN
03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I understand your frustration. It sometimes seems very difficult to get info on vehicles from the manufacturers' sites. Comparing Mustang models to each other on the Canadian site provides some info. Hopefully you can get the rest from th dealer or Ford.

Hopefully. I also have to get an insurance quote for the Mustang V6 but that's not a big rush.

ndwariga
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I think if you wait until the summer, you might get a fire sale V8 for a great deal

IAMCANADIAN
03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Well I went to the other Ford dealer and again was not impressed. I think Ford is losing sales because of their horrible dealer network, at least out here. There might be other good Ford dealers but so far 2/2 not impressed. The salesguy at the one I went to today was much nicer and gave me his card which is pretty good, but he still was lacking in personality and the drive to sell a car. They had tons of GT's, which doesn't help me since I want and can only afford a V6 and they only had 3 there. One was a convertible which I don't want, the other two were Pony Package V6 coupes which I don't want the Pony package but doesn't make a difference when test driving it. So I get in the one with automatic and the exterior is tungsten grey metallic. I liked it in pictures, but in person, it's too purpley. I sit inside, the seats are really comfortable and we were going to take it for a drive but... the battery was dead. So when we're down in California during spring break, we'll look at one there. I then went over to the Chevy dealer and took out a Monte Carlo and liked it a lot so I'm definitely considering that.

mowog
03-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Sounds like you guys have the same problems we do with dealers. Pre Delivery and dealer service can be very poor here at times.

My last car (XR6 Turbo Ute) the buying service and delivery were very good.

My Territory (Large SUV) the service was bloody terrible. The dealer that sold that car didnt even get a chance to bid on selling me the Ute.

IAMCANADIAN
03-13-2007, 11:57 PM
I still have to say though out of all the dealers I've been to, GM and Chrysler seem to be the best. There are bad dealers no matter where you go and I know a GM dealer that has a bad service department, but their sales people are great. So we'll see.

ndwariga
03-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I still have to say though out of all the dealers I've been to, GM and Chrysler seem to be the best. There are bad dealers no matter where you go and I know a GM dealer that has a bad service department, but their sales people are great. So we'll see.I think you might be better off buying in So Cal

IAMCANADIAN
03-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, I test drove the Mustang down there and loved it. The salesguy was great, too bad I can't say the same about up here. Anyway, if Ford has lower lease rates when I plan to lease and the insurance rates aren't too much, then I'll probably get it. I was really impressed on how it drove and how solid it felt.

ndwariga
03-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Well, I test drove the Mustang down there and loved it. The salesguy was great, too bad I can't say the same about up here. Anyway, if Ford has lower lease rates when I plan to lease and the insurance rates aren't too much, then I'll probably get it. I was really impressed on how it drove and how solid it felt.

Which city did you visit?

IAMCANADIAN
03-24-2007, 02:32 AM
Which city did you visit?

I stayed at a resort in Indio

Mbukukanyau
04-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I stayed at a resort in IndioIs Indo is SoCal?

IAMCANADIAN
04-08-2007, 01:47 AM
Is Indo is SoCal?

Indio's just outside of Palm Springs in the Coachella Valley. I had lots of fun, especially in the Mustang. Too bad it won't work out for me because it's a great car.