Ford Inside News banner

Mercury Milan spotted

8K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
Re: More of 2010 Fusion Revealed

Mercury Milan spotted

hmm, forgot to post this (apparently) from last week
BIG thanks to GMfan1111 @ GMI!!!
who went to the MichiganProvingGrounds and got a pic of a rather-lightly camo'ed MILAN :)
(can't resist 'borrowing' his photobucket thumbnail for a
< direct linky to the main pic)

imho looks like new TL's - even before they spread the Milan's look to other Mercs... hmm, not sure how I feel about that

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Spied! A First Look at Ford’s Updated Fusion

I was noticing the larger wheels on that car. Is a sport package of some sort soon to be available on the Milan?

#5 ·
seems quite similar to my own Milan. Can't wait to see the front, hope they kept the headlights similar, maybe brought the waterfall grill lower. I desperately need to learn photoshop.

2b2 you need to help me post my Milan car pictures, I have them but need to post them.

#11 ·
I like that the new grill and the taillights have slanted lines similar to the logo. They also make the car look more sophisticated and classy. The headlights appear to have changed, and may be more interesting than the current ones.

I know they probably did not have much to spend, but what they did on the exterior seems well worth the money.

#13 ·
Maybe its just a disguise as it was intended?
I was kinda wondering/implying if it could be a Milan rear with an MKZ front???
tho remember we saw '10my Fusion* testcars with the old/current HL's;
someone elsewhere claimed the '10my Milan grille would resemble the Mariner's...
...I'd still like to see my "Mercury Smile" reach production (see sig&link)

* btw
the '09my Fusion is up at www.Fordvehicles.com
but not any '09my Mercs as of this morning

#14 ·
The front of the new MKz uses wider headlights. The slats are also not as thick, and go deeper into the car, ony the face of them are chromed. I think they MKz's grill will appear taller too. From what I can see of the grill from one angle, and the headlights from another, it looks to be a very nice design.

#16 ·
Re: Mercury Milan RE-spotted

thanks to Rmc523

LeftlaneNews - 6 new camo'ed MILAN pix
& a couple textual errors...

- - - - - - - - - - - -
I *like* the new 15 spoke wheels
& the TL's (i think)
but
not at all sure about the front - almost seems more like an MKZ treatment to me :confused:
The tail lights better be LED or I am not sure if I want this. I love the LED lights on my Milan, it gives her special hotness. From what I saw in the pix, the tail lights look non-LED.

On the tail lights though, the new lights look awesome. I think everything else mostly on the outside looks the same. I wish they put the same antennae from the MKZ on the Milan. I need a dream Milan thread, but then it would be a Lincoln.

#18 ·
Let the Striptease Begin!

The 2009 Milan has been spied again, this time, wearing less of Ford's S&M style Black Camo and now showing more details of the finished product. For all the details, check out LeftLaneNews.com and give it a once over.

You can also jump straight to the gallery by clicking here.

So...what do you think? Last new model for Mercury, or a future resurgence of the brand?

Stay Fabulous!

#19 ·
So...what do you think? Last new model for Mercury, or a future resurgence of the brand?

Stay Fabulous!
Well, first of all Hi RG I haven't heard from you in a while it's good to see you back.

Now, I don't think it's the last new model for Mercury because I've heard their surposed to be introducing a new small car in 2010. So I'm hoping it's a resurgence of the brand. And as I've said before I think it would be the biggest and dumbest mistake Ford could ever make would be to murder Mercury.

#20 ·
Well, first of all Hi RG I haven't heard from you in a while it's good to see you back.

Now, I don't think it's the last new model for Mercury because I've heard their surposed to be introducing a new small car in 2010. So I'm hoping it's a resurgence of the brand. And as I've said before I think it would be the biggest and dumbest mistake Ford could ever make would be to murder Mercury.
This goes back to your past cries that Ford offer the new Focus Coupe/Cabriolet from the EU market here as a return of the Mercury Capri.

That would be a fantastic and lower priced alternative to the Volvo C70 and more competitive to the Volkswagen Eos.

I am looking forward to seeing the production photos of the new Milan as well as its sister mid-sizers to see what Ford has done and how they improve an already impressive car.

Thank you as well...it is nice to be back.

#21 ·
After looking at the photos I dont like the front end. But I can not wait to see her fully naked with no camo to give you my full opinion, since I want the hybrid as my next car. If she looks ugly then I get the Mariner Hybrid instead.

#22 ·
I'm sorta holding judgment until seeing the new Milan in person (g.o.t.t.a. get to LAIAS!)
mainly/partly cuz the current Milan styling is so Right...
- imho they definitely didn't need to change much at All
- think I like the gen1's styling even more now than when it first intro'ed
- tho do like the new smoother rear panels (judging from the AutoCosmos pic)
- would probably have just smile-i-fied the grille - tho can understand the HL's may need to work with Fusion's sheetmetal too (right?) tho really *like* that the current CD3's all have different HL's

edit/btw
imho the verbiage from Leftlane deserves to be totally ignored -
- sounds like the author slept thru the last few 'Nouncements pertaining to Merc
or maybe just had a bad case of flashbacks...
they didn't even say 2.5liter 4cyl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.