2009 Ford Fusion adds power & Style [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: 2009 Ford Fusion adds power & Style

ndwariga
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
2009 Ford Fusion adds power & Style
http://photo.ringo.com/261/261457468O588227005.jpg
Autosavant Image
Ford Motor Co. will offer a more powerful and more efficient powertrain on the reworked 2009 Ford Fusion sedan, slated to debut late this year.
The midsize sedan's 160-horsepower inline four-cylinder engine will be replaced with a new 170-horsepower four-cylinder with variable valve timing. Coupled with a new six-speed transmission, the updated Fusion will be more powerful than the current model, and will boast better gas mileage.
The Dearborn automaker revealed the new powertrain offering to dealers in Las Vegas last week, telling them it hopes the new model will achieve best-in-class fuel economy once testing is completed this year, according to people who attended the event.

Detroit News Link (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080421/AUTO01/804210337/1148/rss25)

megeebee
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
That tail light/ rear deck is lookin' a bit "LaCrosse-y" to me.

http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/images/DN_Spoilers/Buick_Lacrosse_large.jpg

megeebee
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
...with a little CRV thrown in...

http://www.mpgomatic.com/images/honda_cr-v_diesel-1.jpg

ndwariga
04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Megee, I do not see either

SobeSVT
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
That tail light/ rear deck is lookin' a bit "LaCrosse-y" to me.

http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/images/DN_Spoilers/Buick_Lacrosse_large.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6981/picture3yt4.png

And considering that the LaCrosse rear deck (as pretty much everything else) was a Taurus ripoffey, lets just say that all stays in the family, with license plate between the rear lights and all.

falcon lover
04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
The 1986 Taurus was a revolutionary car in the segment. The aerodinamic and european style was a completly new direction for an entire industry. Why Ford do not try to do something like this again? Dont have "cojones" ?
In 1986 the Taurus save Ford. Maybe a new, revolutionary Fusion , with a new and provocative style and new features will help to save Ford, again.
The Fusion picture here isn't that car.........

SobeSVT
04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
The 1986 Taurus was a revolutionary car in the segment. The aerodinamic and european style was a completly new direction for an entire industry. Why Ford do not try to do something like this again? Dont have "cojones" ?
In 1986 the Taurus save Ford. Maybe a new, revolutionary Fusion , with a new and provocative style and new features will help to save Ford, again.
The Fusion picture here isn't that car.........
What Fusion pictured here?

Thank God the days when Ford was to be saved by one car are long gone. Ford will be saved by a coherent product policy, by constant investment on R&D and new product and by a relentless focus on its objectives.

falcon lover
04-21-2008, 07:42 PM
What Fusion pictured here?

Thank God the days when Ford was to be saved by one car are long gone. Ford will be saved by a coherent product policy, by constant investment on R&D and new product and by a relentless focus on its objectives.

Oh , sorry. i think the 2 pictures here, in the 1st post, are a rendering speculation very close to the real next Fusion....Thanks God it isnt!!!!!!!!

wingsnut
04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I have always seen a Taurus in the Buick, in every angle and profile.

falcon lover
04-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I have always seen a Taurus in the Buick, in every angle and profile.

The original "oval" Taurus was a good desing, i like it, but too much extreme for the taste of the market, and maybe lack of novelty and quality. Buick copy the theme, and both fail to capture the customer interest ( if you call failure to sell 300K Tauruses a year!).

When Ford rised the roof of the "oval" Taurus altered completly the proportions and the overall look of the car, and the public react with indiference and left the car for news Camrys and Accords...

ndwariga
04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
All I can say is, I HATE the current La Crosse.. It screams, All that is WRONG!!! with detroit

YellowZx5
04-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I like the tech in the LaCrosse, like heated wiper fluid and some of the other items. Maybe Ford should add that to a Season package like a Winter Package for me in Cold as **** New York.

2b2
04-22-2008, 02:48 AM
tho I've only read the paint color names so far
sounds like the Best assortment they've come up with :)
(figure the SportBlue is like the EdgeSport :cool: )
((tho still hope for Steel for the Milan!))
&
getting very confused betwn '09my Fusion, '10my Fusion, and '09my Escape specs
&
besides the paint colors, realllllllly want to see good pix of [...pregnant pause...]
all 6 (SIX!?!) upholstery colors :woah: & http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif < I think
&
hope the no 4cyl for SEL is just for '09 (which is quite understandable imho) tho wondering if they're starting to freak out about having too many model-levels with the coming powertrains?

oops/edit:Oh , sorry. i think the 2 pictures here, in the 1st post, are a rendering speculation very close to the real next Fusion....Thanks God it isnt!!!!!!!!

F.L., those pix are what the next-next-edition Fusion (2010my=Jan2009) was going to look like - the back is supposed to be diff now
& imho the styling changes have nothing to do with the (minor) delay

YellowZx5
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope they bring the "Steer By Wire" to the triplets because I was amazed at how my friend was able to turn the Mariner with his pinky.

silvercv2002
04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I like the tech in the LaCrosse, like heated wiper fluid and some of the other items. Maybe Ford should add that to a Season package like a Winter Package for me in Cold as **** New York.Been to Plattsburgh. My uncle lives there. Great town. Love it.

wingsnut
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I hope they bring the "Steer By Wire" to the triplets because I was amazed at how my friend was able to turn the Mariner with his pinky.

You must mean the electric steering that will be replacing the power robbing, constant running, steering pumps in all Ford vehicles very soon. Best part is, it can be mad infinately variable. It is a great design and very robust. No more bad pumps or fluid or belts, etc.

33rtp
05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
The title here says "2009 Fusion," but as they buying guides for the 2009 Fusion are already out (and they're very close to beginning production), is this not the MY 2010 Fusion? Perhaps everyone here already knows that (as it will obviously come out in 2009, if it is)... but I just wanted to clear it up.

I'm not going to start seeing these on the road this year, am I?

2b2
05-01-2008, 05:58 PM
^ therefore my broken-record complaint about not using "CY" or "MY" with every year-number
I'm not going to start seeing these on the road this year, am I?

depends if you're in Michigan or not & if you count camo'ed prototypes or not ;)
> see today's Jalopnik

&
welcome aboard, 33rtp!

1931Chevy
05-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I was at our competitors forum blueoval forums and a member called
loyalbutconcerned confirms that the fusion will receive the 3.5 for the 2010 refresh

Confirmed! Front end same raised dome look. Back end better. 3.5L Sport added to the mix