Ford Taurus X Review (www.autosavant.net) [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Ford Taurus X Review (www.autosavant.net)

igor
02-22-2008, 06:36 AM
2008 Ford Taurus X Review

Autosavant Review

By Igor Holas with Melissa J. Sanchez

Vehicle Details: 2008 Taurus X Limited AWD. MSRP: $39,000

The day we received the Taurus X was miserable with cold rain and strong winds. As a complement to the awful weather, everyone in Philadelphia forgot how to drive. In the first mile of driving the Taurus X, I had a chance to test many of the features emergency stopping, emergency lane change, full acceleration, and absorption of potholes. Luckily, for the rest of the week of driving the Taurus X, the weather cleared up and we had a chance to get to know this big wagon from Ford a little better.

MORE HERE: http://www.autosavant.net/2008/02/2008-ford-taurus-x-review.html

MERCURYSABLE08
02-22-2008, 07:08 AM
It's good to see that they liked and enjoyed the Taurus X. It's too bad Ford is planning to axe it after 2009 because I personally think it's a great looking vehicle inside and out and I think it does what it is intended to do very well.

igor
02-22-2008, 07:19 AM
It's good to see that they liked and enjoyed the Taurus X. It's too bad Ford is planning to axe it after 2009 because I personally think it's a great looking vehicle inside and out and I think it does what it is intended to do very well.

well the Flex is truly a 2nd gen Taurus X despite different appeaances

Igor

wingsnut
02-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Nice review Igor. I have one myself and like it a lot. It really is the perfect family vehicle.

RG59061
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
That is a great review Igor!

The Taurus X is a great example that the American Wagon is still relevant and that they can be made competitive to the SUV like Crossovers. It will be a shame to see it go, but I am certain that the Ford Flex will fill the void of the Taurus X and capture new owners who realize that this is the best combination of the SUV, Wagon, and the Mini-Van...plus, it just looks so damn cool!

Great review Igor and thank you!

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061