Ford Inside News banner

Cadillac CTS Wagon Revealed ?

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SobeSVT 
#1 ·
#6 ·
It looks like a Dodge Magnum, and we all know what happened to that. AXED!!
While this wil be offered for sale here, it's really more for parts of the world where high end RWD wagons are very popular. Especially in Europe. It will be offered around the world, except in the US, with a 2.9 liter diesel, which should help Cadillac sales in Europe (Heaven knows they need it).

#8 ·
This is my cue to say: "You can't be serious!" But after all these years, I know that you are.

Every wagon had a D pillar. The Cadillac shows what is essentially an inverted triangle. The Lincoln a fairly straight-forward leaning trapazoid, slightly thicker at the bottom than the top.

#9 ·
This is my cue to say: "You can't be serious!" But after all these years, I know that you are.

Every wagon had a D pillar. The Cadillac shows what is essentially an inverted triangle. The Lincoln a fairly straight-forward leaning trapazoid, slightly thicker at the bottom than the top.
Of course every wagon has a D pillar (actually two). That's why they are wagons, although some cars have D Pillars when they have complicated window arrangements.

Now, as we can see above, these D pillars in the typical station wagon usually are much thinner than the ones we see in the Aviator Concept, the MKT and now in the CTS sport-wagon, to allow for a huge rear quarter window for the newly found cargo area.

A THICK D pillar, is rather unusual. Lincoln has been playing with that design cue for a while. At least since the Aviator Concept from 2004. And Cadillac probably saw that they could put it in good use in their CTS Sportwagon. I wouldn't blame them, since as it has been painfully obvious in the SRX, the Art & Science theme doesn't translate all that well in wagons.

Call me crazy but I see a lot of resemblance among these three rear quarter arrangements.

Oh! and your inverted triangle's bottom angle in so deep underground that it is "essentially" the trapezoidal shape we see in the lincoln, especially in the Aviator, concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.