new: vote on the FrontPage controversy [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: new: vote on the FrontPage controversy

2b2
08-29-2008, 01:52 AM
the latest Oil/Ga$ poll just ended & I'm feeling rambunctious
so
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS HEADLINE:Lincoln Concedes to Cadillac, and Just About Everyone Else being on FomocoNews' FrontPage?

the Poll is multiple pick
& everyone gets to see Who-voted-what ;)

rants & 'splanations are welcome until NDW decides to close this puppy :D

SobeSVT
08-29-2008, 08:05 AM
A usual 2b2, Great Job!

It was very important to differentiate, as you did in options 1 and 2, that you can agree that the article doesn't belong in the front page because is a POS (my opinion) or because is anti-Ford.

It is also important for a little context to keep in mind, like Lazerwizard wrote (http://fomoconews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16259&postcount=23), that Edmunds is in bed with GM.

YellowZx5
08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I think we need to put the Positive and Negative articles up here. We all have the time then to be Piranhas and rip the article to shreds. I LOVE IT!!

SobeSVT
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I think we need to put the Positive and Negative articles up here. We all have the time then to be Piranhas and rip the article to shreds. I LOVE IT!!
I am all for discussing positive and negative articles here. What I am against is giving credence to a purely speculative article which sole purpose was poking fun at Lincoln, by giving it front page status.

Believe it or not there is people at Ford checking us out more often than not and what would they think when they see us giving publicity to a poorly written note that has no factual base whatsoever?

The somehow close and symbiotic relationship between GMI and GM hasn't grown by putting such crap in GMI front page.

mchicha
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I challenge Mchicha to come up with an equally positive article on the MKS and post it as a Headline as anyone would expect a "Content Administrator" of a site titled FoMoCoNews.com to do. I wonder if anyone at GMI would allow me a Ford fan to become an administrator of their site?
I posted a defense of my decision on the other thread. Do not assume, I dislike Lincoln MKS. But that does not mean, I will ignore negative articles made by others and shield our readers from them.

SobeSVT
08-29-2008, 02:51 PM
I posted a defense of my decision on the other thread. Do not assume, I dislike Lincoln MKS. But that does not mean, I will ignore negative articles made by others and shield our readers from them.
No one is asking you to ignore anything, or shield anyone from anything. Quite the contrary, everyone here knows that LMDealer as well as myself are always up for a lively debate. All that has been said here is that a lopsided article against a brand new Ford, Lincon or Mercury product doesn't belong to the front page headlines.

MERCURYSABLE08
08-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I see no reason why the article shouldn't be on the front page I think it is fine. I think it's good that everyone does read this review.

SobeSVT
08-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I see no reason why the article shouldn't be on the front page I think it is fine. I think it's good that everyone does read this review.
The reason is that it doesn't conform with the editorial standards that I wish we would tried to seek in the articles we link to from our front page. In other words, because is a POS.

YellowZx5
08-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Guys, We all need to remember that there are both positives and negatives to every story out there. This is not a Walgreen's commercial and have everything perfect.

I think everyone wants to think that Lincoln is the most perfect brand out there and everyone else's opinions are just nothing, but this is not reality. If you do not think a negative article should be posted on the front page then I think its BS. We should have both the neg's and poz's of our automaker on the front page.

SobeSVT
08-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Guys, We all need to remember that there are both positives and negatives to every story out there. This is not a Walgreen's commercial and have everything perfect.

I think everyone wants to think that Lincoln is the most perfect brand out there and everyone else's opinions are just nothing, but this is not reality. If you do not think a negative article should be posted on the front page then I think its BS. We should have both the neg's and poz's of our automaker on the front page.

Again, and for the millionth time (hopefully the last). I don't mind negative stories, what I mind is poorly written stories with no factual back up, absolutely subjective and gratuitously diminishing as front page news.

Lets say for example that Ford goes into Chapter 11, or that Mercury is finally shut down, or that Ford loses 120 billion in the 3rd quarter. Do you honestly think that I would object to have those news in the front page? I WOULD post them there.

I object though to a gratuitously diminishing article, without factual basis and with an unnecessarily mean title. That's what is BS.

Hope I made myself clear this time.

YellowZx5
08-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok, sorry all. I thought we were talking about putting a negative post on the front page, not about changing the title. I am sure LMdealer and I will talk about it over dinner on saturday since I can not spend anytime without seeing him and bringing up cars.