NaCOTY & NaTOTY - Autoblog POLL [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: NaCOTY & NaTOTY - Autoblog POLL

2b2
09-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Autoblog - 2009 North American Car and Truck of the Year contenders announced (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/17/2009-north-american-car-and-truck-of-the-year-contenders-announc/)

Car of the Year:
Audi A4
BMW 1 Series
Cadillac CTS-V
Dodge Challenger
Ford Flex
Honda Fit
Hyundai Genesis
Jaguar XF
Lincoln MKS
Mazda6
Nissan GT-R
Pontiac G8
Toyota Venza
Volkswagen Jetta TDI

"Truck" of the Year:
BMW X6
Chevrolet Traverse
Dodge Ram
Ford F-150
Honda Pilot
Infiniti FX35/50
Kia Borrego
Mercedes-Benz ML320 BlueTec
Nissan Murano
Saturn Vue 2-Mode Hybrid
Subaru Forester
Volkswagen Tiguan

SobeSVT
09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
My vote wold be:

NACOTY: Ford Flex
NATOTY: Ford F-150

My prediction is:

NACOTY: Ford Flex
NATOTY: Mercedes-Benz ML320 BlueTec

falcon lover
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
My vote goes to: NACOTY: Flex
NATOTY: F-150

If the jury have auto journalist from Car and Driver, Motor Trend and Automobile , the winner will be BMW 1 series and BMW X6. The journalist are completly biased to BMW and Japaneses cars.

Other possible results ( Edmunds dito) are: NACOTY: Honda Fit or Toyota Venza; NATOTY: Honda Pilot

But that results will not afect my personal choise. My future car will be, definitly , a cinnamon with white roof AWD Flex Limited !

MERCURYSABLE08
09-19-2008, 01:36 PM
My vote would go to.

2009 Car of the Year : Hyundai Genesis (Most Significant)

2009 Truck of the Year : Dodge Ram (Most Improved)

falcon lover
09-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I think the North America car of the year and North America Truck of the year must be Americans. The Hyundai Genesis is a good car, and a revolution for Hyundai and Korean car industry, and could be a good Korean Car of the year.

The Ram is a completly redesigned truck, but the F-150 will keep the crown of the best truck of North America.

Some guys will say that some cars and trucks with Japanese and European marques are built in USA, and i agree. The MB ML SUV could be 2009 NaTOTY , because is assembled in Alabama, but the Genesis is built in Korea.

My vote: Flex and F-150 !

SobeSVT
09-19-2008, 03:06 PM
I think the North America car of the year and North America Truck of the year must be Americans. The Hyundai Genesis is a good car, and a revolution for Hyundai and Korean car industry, and could be a good Korean Car of the year.

The Ram is a completly redesigned truck, but the F-150 will keep the crown of the best truck of North America.

Some guys will say that some cars and trucks with Japanese and European marques are built in USA, and i agree. The MB ML SUV could be 2009 NaTOTY , because is assembled in Alabama, but the Genesis is built in Korea.

My vote: Flex and F-150 !
All production models that are new to one particular year, whether they are produced in North America or not, are eligible for the NACOTY and NATOTY awards for that particular year.

falcon lover
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
All production models that are new to one particular year, whether they are produced in North America or not, are eligible for the NACOTY and NATOTY awards for that particular year.

I know that. But the jury must to consider the origin of the car for the evaluation. Just my opinion............

nsap
09-20-2008, 06:06 PM
NACOTY: Cadillac CTS-V (who could deny the world's fastest sedan that has world-class handling? Just that fact + it was designed/engineered/built in AMERICA!)

NATOTY: BMW X6 (just a very cool product, and quite unusual)