Ford Inside News banner

Chrysler planning nine model product offensive for 2010

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MERCURYSABLE08 
#1 ·
Last month Chrysler CEO Robert Nardelli hinted that several “unexpected” models could be launched as early as next year to help meet shifting consumer trends, and now the company’s vice chairman Jim Press has stated that another eight or nine new models could follow in 2010. Press, who will be speaking later today at a media event in Detroit, is expected to reveal details about Chrysler’s future plans under what he calls a "product renaissance."

Press has returned to Detroit following a week in California where he previewed three new electric vehicles in front of dealers and promised that up to nine new vehicles would be launched in 2010, reports the Detroit Free Press.

While solid details about the models are hard to come by, industry analysts expect the list to include a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, a midsized Dodge SUV, a facelifted Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger and a new Chrysler compact car built by Nissan. Another possibility is a midsize sedan, also sourced from Nissan.

Also in the works is a new generation of electric and plug-in vehicles developed through Chrysler’s ENVI division, as well as a global model based on the company’s upcoming Project-D midsize platform. At the same time, management is also dealing with the possibility of a sell-off of the Dodge Viper business and the elimination of more models, especially its ‘twin’ vehicles.

http://www.motorauthority.com/chrysler-planning-nine-model-product-offensive-for-2010.html

See less See more
#2 ·
Chrysler is dead.

In 3 or 4 years, when the investors see that they are losing a lot of money, the car company will be eliminated or selling by parts.... They are starting to do that when they want to sell the "Viper brand" to another car conmpany or investors group. That is ridiculous, the Viper is a Dodge... You see a " Mustang brand" without the Ford logo ?. Or "Corvette brand" without the bow tie ???....

I hope i'm wrong...but i think dont.

#4 ·
Chrysler is dead.

In 3 or 4 years, when the investors see that they are losing a lot of money, the car company will be eliminated or selling by parts.... They are starting to do that when they want to sell the "Viper brand" to another car conmpany or investors group. That is ridiculous, the Viper is a Dodge... You see a " Mustang brand" without the Ford logo ?. Or "Corvette brand" without the bow tie ???....

I pretty much agree with that but I certainly would hate to see Chrysler die out.

#5 ·
I would not be quick to count the three headed dog out. They just might turn Chrysler around.
They need to refresh the Neon and build the hornet.
............ and sell the "Sebring brand" to another car company.........

P.S: Neon??? Neon????? Is 2008, not 2006. The Neon was replaced with the Caliber, you know?

#6 ·
Chrysler is dead.
re:^
just saw: MotorAuthority - Chrysler suing Getrag over dual-clutch factory in U.S.
Posted Today, 1:02 PM by Kenneth Hall
The Avenger and Sebring are already available with dual-clutch transmissions in Europe

Just as Chrysler prepares to begin bringing a dual-clutch transmission to its North American fleet, a dispute with Getrag could see plans for yearly production of up to 700,000 of the units go up in smoke....

------------
what I'm wondering is
WILL THIS AFFECT FORD'S POWERSHIFT DEAL WITH GETRAG????

#7 ·
Chrysler is dead.

I agree. Chrysler is too far gone to ever gain enough traction to sustain itself. That is my opinion on the matter anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.