Ford Inside News banner

Saab Using Opel Mules For Next 9-5 (Spied Saab Interior )

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tahoe 
#1 ·
2010 Saab 9-5? Opel Insignia Test Mule Spied with Saab Interior

The next-generation Saab 9-5 sports sedan has been an on-off project for quite a while now and even though the vehicle is supposed to be in showrooms by 2009, we have yet to see any decent prototype models on the road. Instead, for the past few years Saab's engineers have been fiddling around with Opel Vectra and now, Opel Insignia test mules. These latest scoop pictures were shot by a reader of Sweden's Auto Motor & Sport magazine who stumbled upon a camouflaged Opel Insignia in a ferry boat from Denmark. A closer look inside revealed that the test mule was equipped with a Saab-styled dashboard.

Carscoop Link

#2 ·
#3 ·
not sure how I feel about a Saab Insignia - tho I really-like (almost Love) its styling,
wonder if it would be upscale enough for Saab
but
that side/rear-quarter pic does remind me of an old 9-5 rendering:

this copy from TrollhattanSaab.net

edit
here's a direct link to a bigger version of the side/rq pic
from www.burlappcars.com/2008/10/next-saab-95-mule
That Saab is hot!! ^^^
I think, they are using insignia mules to test systems without betraying their real sheetmetal. Saab's direction has been towards Aero X lately. I doubt they would rebadge an opel. especially in Europe, that would be suicide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.