Spied! Lincoln MKT [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Spied! Lincoln MKT

Z0mg Seth
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
The Ford Flex-based Lincoln MKT has been given the green light by Ford execs and it appears as though the crossover’s development is progressing on schedule. Spy photographers spotted the MKT on the open roads of Michigan just hours ago.

Although the front is draped with camouflage, Lincoln’s signature waterfall grille can be seen peering out from beneath — the very same that was used on the MKT Concept. Overall, the MKT — which is being developed under the codename D472 — is expected to largely mirror the styling of the MKT Concept.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkt.html

Z0mg Seth
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Wonder what the interior will look like? I wish they kept the character line on the concept that ran from the side Lincoln badge to the driver/passenger door.

Tahoe
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
The Flex is pretty expensive, I do not see why Ford would make an even more expensive Lincoln Version. Unless there is not going to be a price overlap between the two.
Then again, a mercury version would be cheaper since it would not deviate too far from Ford.
I suspect Mercury will be dead by 2012, unless Ford hits a Jackpot

2b2
07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
...I wish they kept the character line on the concept that ran from the side Lincoln badge to the driver/passenger door.

saw some posters elsewhere say it's (just) a cooling mule...
maybe the production version will have a bit of a door 'spear' Or maybe they'll change that skin-piece for the EB version?

once again, I *like* the wheels - varying the thickness of the spokes
&
did anyone notice the doors go all the way down like Flex?
'course its mule-ness could explain that too
&
wonder if it'll be the exact same wheelbase as the Flex?
still wonder if a sedan version (E386) might be in the works? < which also goes with my musical-models idea > which pertains to Mercury too, ^Tahoe^ = really Really think that Fomoco has At Least a couple-or-four backup plans for dealing with the economy/market uncertainty & no Final decision about Merc has been made yet (& o'course my Plans B,C,D,Etc all have an M component ;))

1931Chevy
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Atleast we know it will not look like the Flex

Logans Run
07-17-2008, 06:08 AM
The character line on the side sprang from the fake vent/lincoln badge on the front quarter panel. Hopefully the absense of the line means that the fake vent is gone, and it's days will be numbered on other vehicles as well.

Overall, a nice shape... it looks like the back may be toned down a little, and may be a mix of the concept and the MKx. This will have 7 seats, right?