Ford Inside News banner

2010 Ford Fusion Revealed

11K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  milanfan 
#1 ·
2010 Ford Fusion Fully Revealed

Ford Motor Company will unveiled the new 2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid at the Los Angeles Auto Show earlier tommorow. The new Fusion Hybrid will be the most fuel efficient mid-size sedan on the market according to Nancy Gioia, (Joy-ah), Director of Sustainable Mobility Techonologies and Hybrid programs Globally for Ford.​

See less See more
#6 ·
Rear end looks so much better!
Interior has stepped up a notch or two.
Sport model will see lots of takers.
Any pictures of the standard model?

#9 ·
Ford has done a fantastic job improving their interiors across the board. In my opinion, theirs have always been much better than the domestic competition, especially in the 90's. I've had a 2005 Mustang and now a 2008 Fusion, both fantastic cars mechanically but with simple, somewhat 'cheap' interior design with all the plastic elements, and these new ones are a dramatic improvement. If they continue in this fashion, sales should start improving when things pick up again.

#10 ·
I must say, save for the big screen, the interior is not very revolutionary, its more evolutionary. I think if GM had gotten the Malibu an updated Navigation system, they would be on top.

#13 ·
The Gauge cluster is a win. I had predicted that once the Fusion joins the Malibu, there is no reason for any american to spend money on an import, be it a Camry, Altima or Accord.
If you just need a navigation unit different from the OnStar Turn by turn voice with radio data offered by the Malibu, then you go for the Fusion, if you need a regular old radio with Ipod, Bluetooth, etc you got both Fusion and Malibu.
If you need more features like Sync you go with Fusion. All in All, Americans have no excuse for driving an Accord now.

#14 ·
I must say, save for the big screen, the interior is not very revolutionary, its more evolutionary. I think if GM had gotten the Malibu an updated Navigation system, they would be on top.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
However, I am not going to concede that the Malibu interior design is better than the Fusion or the Milan's. Its just a matter of taste.

I am very happy to see that the dowdy two circle instrument panel was replaced by a much more comprehensive and better looking 3 circle until.
imho (some) mfgs are getting awfully close to OverDecorated interiors
(others have been waaaaay over/stupid for a loooong time)
...that are counter-efficient/ergonomic/useable...
> photographs LIE <
so imho all the Milan & Fusion needed was a materials "constant-improvement" and a freshening
&
I kinda like 2-pods LINK Mz3 - maybe cuz I'm used to them?
&
my only real gripe is that the passenger-side 'spear'/dashtrim doesn't go all the way to the console's trim (and maybe extend under the far-right vent a bit too) guess I'm addicted to a wrap-around look

#16 ·
You know, I'm really kinda' tired of hearing about how the Malibu is such a wonderful car on this FORD forum. I've seen the Malibu up close and personal a number of times and it could easily be built by Toyota. The interior is FAR from attractive IMHO and the exterior is generic. The front end looks like a Chevy truck, SUV, or virtually any new Chevy vehicle. Gimme the new Fusion any day. So there...:eek: :D

#18 ·
You know, I'm really kinda' tired of hearing about how the Malibu is such a wonderful car on this FORD forum. I've seen the Malibu up close and personal a number of times and it could easily be built by Toyota. The interior is FAR from attractive IMHO and the exterior is generic. The front end looks like a Chevy truck, SUV, or virtually any new Chevy vehicle. Gimme the new Fusion any day. So there...:eek: :D
Amen, sir. ;)

#20 ·
Interestingly enough, this time the decision isn't so hard for me to make. I don't like the Milan's looks, particularly the front end, anywhere near as much as I do the Fusion's. With the Sport model being V6 and automatic only, I guess I'd find the SE or the S more interesting.

#21 ·
I've always liked the Fusion - and it's getting nicer and nicer...
Media.FORD.com - 2010 FUSION TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

paraphrasing:
yada yada drivetrains
yada yada displacement

Horsepower
3.0 v6 (181 cu. in. / 2,976 cc)
240@ 6,550 rpm (gas) (estimated)
250@ 6,550 rpm (E85) (estimated)
Torque
223 lb.-ft @4,300 rpm (gas) (estimated)
228 lb-ft @4,800 rpm (E85) (estimated)

& the 2.5 4cyl:
175@6,000 rpm (estimated)
172 lb.-ft @ 4,500 (estimated)

also
FUSION BRIMS WITH INDUSTRY-LEADING TECHNOLOGIES

EXTERIOR, INTERIOR DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS MAKE FUSION THE ‘CAN’T-MISS’ CAR IN MID-SIZE SEGMENT

2010 FORD FUSION DELIVERS FUEL EFFICIENCY, PEFORMANCE WITH NEW POWERTRAIN LINEUP

and
from the 2010 Fusion website ...which has larger pix

Atlantis Green (I was curious - guess it's the Dk. Ink Blue replacemnt)

FusionSEL (best wheels imho)

attached photos:
Fusion Hybrid, non-Nav dash (thanks to BORG @ BON)
FusionS
FusionSE
FusionHybrid
FusionSport
(at least that's the sequence left>right, that shows on my monitor)

Attachments

#22 ·
Thanks 2b2 for all the links and info, us regular folks can't get into at Ford Media! Can E85 be used in the I-4? Didn't see it listed. Would have to see that Atlantis Green in person. I have yet to see a Ford commercial promoting the employee discount plus now available!! C'mon Ford, spread the word so people can buy the cars!!

#24 ·
b2b,

Thanks for the picture of the non-navigation dash. Every picture I've seen has the navigation screen. Not everybody wants to spend the money for the option.

The standard wheel for the Fusion SEL looks A LOT better in real-life color photos than in the order guide. I really like their look. There sure is a lot of open space between the inner hub and outer rim. Bet they are really light.

As far as looks between the Fusion and Milan, I prefer the Fusion, primarily because of the headlights, but also like the taillights better. With this generation, they have seperated the styling more, giving them more differentiated looks. That should appeal to more buyers. Everybody has different tastes. Wish they would put the two-tone stone color of the Milan in the Fusion though.

#25 ·
YqW, guys ("q" = quite ;))

Milanfan, I saw a Ford commercial promoting the employee discount plus last night here in Reno (sorry, don't remember the show/channel)
& I don't have any special privileges at Media.FORD.com (darn!) - if I can get there you should be able to, too - try the links I posted OR just start from their homepage
...The standard wheel for the Fusion SEL looks A LOT better in real-life color photos than in the order guide. I really like their look. There sure is a lot of open space between the inner hub and outer rim. Bet they are really light...
Have you ever tried the TireRack.com wheel configurator, KMC?
a lot of times, a wheel that appeals to me just isn't right for my/a particular car...

edit/addit:
Fusion LAIAS Intro Video @ AUTOSHOWS.FORD.COM

edit2/addit,too:
saw some cool shots of the Fusion's tail lights LeftlandNews

*love* the zig-zag reflector thingies
(was bored, so attached copies ;))

&
Mr.SABLE, you'll probably be interested in my latest 'crazyIdea' in the Milan thread ;)

Attachments

#26 ·
styling quirks aside I like all three of fords new CD3 models. I can't wait to see what other tricks ford has up it's sleeve. Whatever they are, testing activity at MPG has gone up. Explorer mules are now out and about doing suspension and environmental tests, EB flexes are out and about as well, and lastly (I'm sure escapen will be happy to hear this last bit of news) I have also observed the "superman" Taurus at MPG trying to hide from view in it's travel trailer. I'll try my best getting pics of these models for fomoco but unfortunately shooting conditions have gone down the toilet due to their stockpile of F-150's blocking the only good angles i have of the loading area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.