“Keep America Rolling” [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: “Keep America Rolling”

11-20-2008, 02:39 AM
GM's Global Manufacturing Footprint

On September 19, 2001, the Global economy came to a screeching halt as fast as the towers collapsed. GM immedietely saw the problem and single handedly announced its program called “Keep America Rolling,” which provided 0% financing on cars and trucks for 36 months. Then-GM president for North American Operations Ron Zarrella said, “Throughout its history the automotive industry has played a leadership role in our economic strength. This program is in part in response to the Administration’s request to American business to support and aid nationwide efforts focused on economic recovery.”

He acknowledged, “We know this is a difficult time to talk about an incentive program, but GM has a responsibility to help stimulate the economy.” And GM stepped up to it.

just like that its Detroit sisters followed suit and cranked it up and got America going again. They unleashed their economic might and untold credit taking no profits into the market place and within weeks the rest of the economy took flight. Not a single foreign manufacturer participated, and within a quarter we were out of the Osama depression.

In addition Detroit 3 gave millions to the New York recovery effort; the same cannot be said of foreign manufacturer. The question begs to be asked, what the politicians will do when Detroit sinks to jump start this economy?
Will Americans come through and protect Detroit in its hour of need?

This is not the first time Detroit has fought the good fight for America. During the war, Ford’ quickly integrated its assembly line manufacturing techniques into the ship building and aircraft manufacturing a cornerstone that quickly enabled America to out manufacture the axis powers combined.

Is Washington so removed from America that they would allow this industry sink over ideological partisan differences such as fuel economy mandates and anti labor grudges that they will not protect a vital American industry?

11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
The media in America does not care. It is a shame, a small site like this one can report on this and they will not. Their business is all about hype and sensationalism. What generates more revenue?

Besides, most of these so called "journalists and reporters" buy imports because it made them feel smarter. I think a lot of the perception is that only Midwest yahoos and rednecks and idiots drive American cars, while the college elite drive import
[some material borrowed from GMi (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f38/keep-america-rolling-71677/)]

11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
I like what you said, Mchicha
I like how you said it

11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I like this very much. :D It really makes you think about what GM, Ford and Chrysler have really done for us America. And now America (the Senators, Government) will not return the favor what ashame.