Last call for Panther TC!!! [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Last call for Panther TC!!!

timmm55
04-13-2009, 07:16 PM
A last (and I know pointless) exercise in the Panther/Lincoln.

MERCURYSABLE08
04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Excellent work Tim. I like it quite well.

In my opinion it's never pointless it it's something you wanna do & think someone will enjoy, which I did.

Also I would love to see you do a little work the Mercury Grand Marquis.

artandcolour
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
i don't seem to be able to open any thumbnails on here, or on CarSpyShots. i have no idea why. from what i can see of the thumb though, it's a great chop!

and speaking of 'pointless' i think some people would say there is nothing more pointless than ALL of our chops, lol, but they're fun to do and people enjoy them, so that's the point for us.

timmm55
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Suicide doors with a "Continental" stance.

Slight change (1st link) Can't post two pics?????

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z281/timmm55/corel%20photo%20shop/mktc2.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z281/timmm55/corel%20photo%20shop/mktc.jpg

artandcolour
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
i LOVE it! the front works really well on a large car, i love the development of the ridge at the top of it tying into the headlights, and the sides are excellent! i love the dipping beltline and the subtle rear fender bulges. i can also see limo versions of your TC being very elegant. great job!

timmm55
04-21-2009, 09:48 PM
One guy on the other forum chastised me for using curves and straight lines LOL. So I mentioned the 96 Taurus as an example of too much "only oval". He didn't get why the front was raised and dropped off either....oh well.

Here I'm trying something with the rear.......chopped the top on the SWB and left it tall on the Limo.

MERCURYSABLE08
04-21-2009, 10:42 PM
^ Excellent chop Tim! I really like what I see.

RoboRed
04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
I think it would look good with some MKS-style rear lights.

artandcolour
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
One guy on the other forum chastised me for using curves and straight lines LOL. So I mentioned the 96 Taurus as an example of too much "only oval". He didn't get why the front was raised and dropped off either....oh well.

Here I'm trying something with the rear.......chopped the top on the SWB and left it tall on the Limo.

reminds me of a time about 25 years ago when i started designing publications with a mix of serif and sans serif typefaces on the same page, or in the same article/story.... i actually had the 'higher ups' tell me that just wasn't done in 'real' journalism. i went on to win several awards from 'real' journalism groups, lol.

i long for the days of production limousines too.

good chops. they have a bit of Bentley flair from the back too. i like the Continental hump used also-it's such a distinctive Lincoln cue, but one they've shied away from since the very watered down version on the Mark VIII.

i really don't see why a new body on the tried-and-true Panther platform couldn't work.

rmc523
05-05-2009, 01:57 AM
reminds me of a time about 25 years ago when i started designing publications with a mix of serif and sans serif typefaces on the same page, or in the same article/story.... i actually had the 'higher ups' tell me that just wasn't done in 'real' journalism. i went on to win several awards from 'real' journalism groups, lol.

i long for the days of production limousines too.

good chops. they have a bit of Bentley flair from the back too. i like the Continental hump used also-it's such a distinctive Lincoln cue, but one they've shied away from since the very watered down version on the Mark VIII.

i really don't see why a new body on the tried-and-true Panther platform couldn't work.

He based the chop on a Bentley picture, that's why it has a Bentley flair.

Diesel/_
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
In a wierd way, it reminds me of the custom Bentley that the Queen has.

http://avtorulez.ru/pic/Bentley_Queen_001.jpg

Very nice job!