Ford Inside News banner

Mercury Capri News?

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
i saw this over on BON, came from motertrend or top speed, seems to be 2008 news though:
History seems to be repeating itself. The original Capri was sold as a "baby Mustang" for the European market, and made its first appearance in the U.S. as a Mercury. Now that Ford intends to revive the Capri name, it seems certain that it will also be coming to the U.S. as (you guessed it) a Mercury.

The new Capri concept is being prepared to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the name. Now that Mercury will become the small car arm of Lincoln, it only seems fitting that it will receive a premium version of a small European car. The concept will be developed on the next-generation global Focus platform and Ford Visos will serve as a muse of inspiration for the styling part. The first production version of the concept will arrive in the US market by 2010.

#9 ·
Imagine that, ausrutherford without a link... :D

saintl1 and ausrutherford you two need to get together...one of you post an article with no link and the other only posts a link. :D
There was no main link to the article, you can check Blue Oval News, its a discussion over there.

#11 ·
There was no main link to the article, you can check Blue Oval News, its a discussion over there.
No problem...I was just goofing around a bit...hope there are no hard feelings.

I'm sorry, but that's funny. :D
I needed a little humor. I had just come from GMInsidenews, which lately has been pretty depressing and frustrating. I was going to take a break from there, but the discussions there push me more and more towards getting a Ford product next that maybe I shouldn't. :D

#12 ·
No problem...I was just goofing around a bit...hope there are no hard feelings.

no problem, i was just reporting. lol

I needed a little humor. I had just come from GMInsidenews, which lately has been pretty depressing and frustrating. I was going to take a break from there, but the discussions there push me more and more towards getting a Ford product next that maybe I shouldn't. :D
im sure it is, im sure GM will pull thought but most likely with Chevy/Cadilac amd Buick standing

#14 ·
Which is part of the reason I am here...a life-long Pontiac fan, that had a really good experience with a Mercury.

I feel for you, if Pontiac had a Firebird, G8 and Soltice it would be a nice niche brand like they first intended. hate to see it go.

#15 ·
ausrutherford_everywhere_but_here_:p said:
Volkswagen may be riding the crest of the wave with the Scirocco but Ford also wants in on the act. As it was previously reported there is a rumour suggesting that Ford is planning a 2+2 coupe in the mould of the old Capris of the 1960s and 1970s. It would be a performance car with good enough credentials to upset one or two segment competitors.

This rendering presented here was created by artist Andrei Avarvarii. His impression combines the styling of a coupe with the size and practicality of a hatchback. The front end keeps a close styling kinship with recent Ford concept cars. The sporty wheel-design combines five rectangular shapes with five triangles.

More here:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090427.015/re...-the-ford-capri
--------------------------
still just a Visos chop imho

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.