Ranger Owner Clad in Underwear Recovers His Truck [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Ranger Owner Clad in Underwear Recovers His Truck

ndwariga
03-18-2007, 10:50 PM
By JOAN OSTERWALDER
The Press-Enterprise

EASTVALE - An early riser in Eastvale today gave chase to his stolen pick-up truck in his underwear and recovered the vehicle after ramming it with his wife's van.
The 29-year-old floor installer was drinking coffee in his garage on Kite Court shortly after 6 a.m. when he heard an engine start, said California Highway Patrol Officer Kirk Durbin.

"He recognized immediately it was his own," Durbin said.
The man opened the garage door and saw his Ford Ranger pick-up, which had all his tools in it, drive off, Durbin said. Clad only in his underwear, the man got into his wife's van and chased after his pick-up at speeds close to 80 mph, he said.
"He said 'I just couldn't let my truck go because it's my livelihood,'" Durbin said.
As he was pursuing his Ford Ranger northbound on Hamner Avenue, he realized a dark blue Chevrolet S-10 with a toolbox in the back bed was following him, he said. The floor installer thought it was an accomplice, he said.

Link PE (http://www.pe.com/localnews/coronaarea/stories/PE_News_Local_D_webchase1.1cd7298.html)