Future Mercury’s [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Future Mercury’s

mchicha
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
The Future of Mercuryhttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/artandcolour2006/Photochops/SanMarino.jpg

By. Mchicha

We have heard it over and over again from one Executive or other. Mercury is a very important brand of the company’s portfolio; However a quick look at future product plan almost always turns out a blank page, which has us Mercury fans worried, and dealers even more so.

News from Detroit show no future vehicles planned or any updates after the 2010 model year, the future for the sluggish brand doesn’t seem very promising.

The Mercury Milan will be updated for the 2009 model year along with the Milan for the 2010 model year. As we all know, Ford has planned a Mercury Milan hybrid for 2010 as well.
Sable is DEAD, replaced by non other than the Excellent Taurus.

The Grand Marquis is anticipated to be phased out early together with Police interceptor Crown Victoria and fleet special Lincoln Town Car perhaps running until 2011.

Ford Kuga replaces Escape and there is zero talk of Mariner/Kuga, which is Escape’s Mercury sibling. So for all we know, Marina is a sitting dead duck.

When Explorer moves to a Unibody configuration, expect there to be no Mercury sibling, just as there was no edge based Edge or Flex.

Can a brand live on one Hybrid model alone?

Gmfan1111
10-27-2009, 08:54 PM
The Future of Mercuryhttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/artandcolour2006/Photochops/SanMarino.jpg

By. Mchicha

We have heard it over and over again from one Executive or other. Mercury is a very important brand of the company’s portfolio; However a quick look at future product plan almost always turns out a blank page, which has us Mercury fans worried, and dealers even more so.

News from Detroit show no future vehicles planned or any updates after the 2010 model year, the future for the sluggish brand doesn’t seem very promising.

The Mercury Milan will be updated for the 2009 model year along with the Milan for the 2010 model year. As we all know, Ford has planned a Mercury Milan hybrid for 2010 as well.
Sable is DEAD, replaced by non other than the Excellent Taurus.

The Grand Marquis is anticipated to be phased out early together with Police interceptor Crown Victoria and fleet special Lincoln Town Car perhaps running until 2011.

Ford Kuga replaces Escape and there is zero talk of Mariner/Kuga, which is Escape’s Mercury sibling. So for all we know, Marina is a sitting dead duck.

When Explorer moves to a Unibody configuration, expect there to be no Mercury sibling, just as there was no edge based Edge or Flex.

Can a brand live on one Hybrid model alone?

sadly no, It's like asking a brand to sell one sports car model and only one sports car model or a brand to have only one midsize sedan for it's entire lineup, It just won't work in today world. As for merc It has turned into the brand that Ford wants to forget and would like to see it just wither and die. You look at Ford and Lincoln cashing in on things such as EB and you see Mercury huddled in corner lost in the background cause no one has given it anything significant to boast about in the last few years. If Ford cared about merc they would've put more effort into revitalizing Mercury with new technology and products and instead they have done little if anything to improve Mercury

2b2
10-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I feel the pain - especially lately
however

News from Detroit show no future vehicles planned or any updates after the 2010 model year, the future for the sluggish brand doesn’t seem very promising....

....Ford Kuga replaces Escape and there is zero talk of Mariner/Kuga, which is Escape’s Mercury sibling. So for all we know, Mariner is a sitting dead duck....

....Can a brand live on one Hybrid model alone?
AS OF TODAY, THERE IS (some) REASON FOR HOPE:What I do know:

Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln will all be getting versions of this vehicle. Ford views this segment as being a high-volume, high-profit area, and thus of critical importance to 'get right'.

I don't know anything else for sure...LINK to wescoent's post in a Kuga thread at GMI (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f57/autoblog-u-s-ford-reportedly-moving-production-kuga-america-85357/index3.html#post1881263)

....The Mercury Milan will be updated for the 2009 model year along with the Milan for the 2010 model year. As we all know, Ford has planned a Mercury Milan hybrid for 2010 as well....

not to nitpick, mchicha :o
but there's something wrong with your years or tenses -
- the 2010 (model year) Milan came out last March (2009 calendar year).

....When Explorer moves to a Unibody configuration, expect there to be no Mercury sibling, just as there was no edge based Edge or Flex....

it may or may not be logical to expect this
but there's nothing official or even quasi-reliable to 'prove' it YET

NEVER GIVE UP!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Wykyd
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah as hard as it seems Mercury doesn't seem to have a brighter future ahead anytime soon. Too bad, they make some of the better looking cars out there. I Love the new mariner, as well as the old one like my best friend's mom has. I just hope Ford doesn't sell it to China like Gov't Motors did to Hummer. I feel that if Ford is going to kill Mercury, just do it. Don't drag it out like this. Go one without Mercury, become a profitable manufacturer, and bring us back a New complete Mercury lineup. Personally I had some small hopes Ford would buy GM's Solstice/Sky Plant, and build a New 2 seater COUGAR. But i guess that went out the window. But maybe ford is going to surprise us.......

saintl1
10-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Mercury is not dead. you have the C car coming next year. at least thats what they have said so i am waiting until there is other offical news on the brand. I dont know why no one asks Alan about Mercury flat out and get a straight answer from him. Brand and what it means to have a Mercury, Future Products and if he mentions the lincoln brand while he is talking stop him in his tracks this is a Mercury discussion.

Logans Run
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Ford has recently brought out some very desirable vehicles, and it looks like they will continue to do so. They now offer the styling, safety, comfort, tech, and convienience that once was only available in the Premium/Entry level Luxury vehicles that Mercury catered to.

Mercury will need to step to reamain viable.

2b2
10-28-2009, 12:33 PM
^ imho it'd be so easy to "tailor" vehicles to The New Merc, Logan
mainly just
- combine what Mercury already has in its OptionalEquipment list along with the Ghia & Titanium lists for the euro models :cool:
- make a bit more of it Std :) :)
- and let the unique pieces of its sheetmetal reach more for Madison Ave. (or even Melrose Blvd.(,L.A.)) than MainStreetUSA - - nearly HALF of the Sable (R.I.P.) had unique body panels... it just didn't LOOK different enough from the Taurus :mad:

...I dont know why no one asks Alan about Mercury flat out and get a straight answer from him. Brand and what it means to have a Mercury, Future Products and if he mentions the lincoln brand while he is talking stop him in his tracks this is a Mercury discussion.
umm
important people may not take too kindly to that, saintl
ie it could be the last interview that reporter ever got :eek:
BUT
I did see someone press Mark Fields for that answer a year or so ago and he eventually said something like it wasn't decided yet
imho that's still the case:
PlusSide: it'd be sooo easy to revitalize Merc :D
MinusSide: I believe some people in Fomoco have a fixation on a 2 Brand approach (F&L) = THEY'RE WRONG!!! :p

Mbukukanyau
10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
My view of this brand is that, it takes a place similar to Buick on Ford’s portfolio. It can be great, if Lincoln moves up.
That said, Alan Mullaly has stated that its time will come and right now the focus is on Ford itself.
In the Long run after Volvo is gone, there has to be a way of moving Mercury beyond North America, into some sort of Global Brand/(Buick in China and Asia).

Its going to be very difficult for brands to survive on one market. Safe for places like korea or Australia where GM can get away with selling all its models as Daewoo’s or Holden, or UK where Vauxhaul will sell any GM vehicle, there is need for a global strategy on all brands.

I believe Ford with its three North American brands will eventually be able to market them globally. Volvo is going to leave a huge vacuum in Europe for Ford, and there in comes Mercury. They can move up market with a fresh brand, without baggage and replace the Volvo revenue using it.

FordRacing88
10-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Personally, I think Ford needs to eliminate the mercury brand if they're not going to make it more independent. The Fusion, Milan, and MKZ are all the same car! Ford doesn't need three of the same thing on the market. Either make Mercury an independent branch of the company, or discontinue it. There's no need for Ford to keep the low selling Mercury brand if they don't update it some.

Mbukukanyau
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Personally, I think Ford needs to eliminate the mercury brand if they're not going to make it more independent. The Fusion, Milan, and MKZ are all the same car! Ford doesn't need three of the same thing on the market. Either make Mercury an independent branch of the company, or discontinue it. There's no need for Ford to keep the low selling Mercury brand if they don't update it some.Agreed. In a way, I think that GM is ahead in brand differentiation from Ford, especially when it comes to Mercury.
But Mullaly was right to focus on Ford first.

2b2
10-28-2009, 01:58 PM
^ FordRacing88, this may seem like hair-splitting but
the midsize F-Awd sedan category is the ONE/Main segment that I believe Every Mfg must participate in
so these three cars are fine with me :)
esp. cuz imho Fomoco has done an impeccable job in making them look different from eachother AND will most likely differentiate them even more in future generations

My view of this brand is that, it takes a place similar to Buick on Ford’s portfolio. It can be great, if Lincoln moves up.
That said, Alan Mullaly has stated that its time will come and right now the focus is on Ford itself.
In the Long run after Volvo is gone, there has to be a way of moving Mercury beyond North America, into some sort of Global Brand/(Buick in China and Asia).

Its going to be very difficult for brands to survive on one market. Safe for places like korea or Australia where GM can get away with selling all its models as Daewoo’s or Holden, or UK where Vauxhaul will sell any GM vehicle, there is need for a global strategy on all brands.

I believe Ford with its three North American brands will eventually be able to market them globally. Volvo is going to leave a huge vacuum in Europe for Ford, and there in comes Mercury. They can move up market with a fresh brand, without baggage and replace the Volvo revenue using it.

YAY!
I totally agree, Mbuku!!! http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
& re-quoted for Truth:...Its going to be very difficult for brands to survive on one market...
this^ is exactly what an insider analyst said some time ago at GMI
&
it's why imho a global Mercury Capri coupe-cabrio(hard'vert) would be a perfect model
to intro the Merc Brand E V E R Y W H E R E :)
&
IF Lincoln does get the Kuga as an MKG,
it'd so easy to intro a new top trim level version as having the "Lincoln MKG package" (if they want to) *OR* they could just move the Kuga a LITTLE more upscale and use the Lincoln MKG name
(one reason I like "MKG" is that it'd be so similar to KuGa ;))

Volvo_S70
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
It seems that Mercury dealers will have to survive on Lincoln and used cars until Ford corporate comes around to take care on Mercury.

cire_1wb
10-29-2009, 01:58 AM
I still think the lineup strategy that I submitted under the "Mission Mercury" thread would work. It would transform Mercury into a distinct niche brand in Ford's U.S. brand hierarchy that specializes in products that are sportier or more alternative in character. This would allow Mercury to complement Lincoln and become significantly differentiated from Ford. Mercury would have its own unique purpose and brand identity.

Link: http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442&page=13, Source: FoMoCo News, "Mission Mercury" Thread, Page 13.

2b2
10-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I still think the lineup strategy that I submitted under the "Mission Mercury" thread would work....
Link: http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442&page=13, Source: FoMoCo News, "Mission Mercury" Thread, Page 13.

I second that^ http://home.surfree.com/~pauld/yes.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g010.gif

It seems that Mercury dealers will have to survive on Lincoln and used cars until Ford corporate comes around to take care on Mercury.

I don't have all the sales numbers but
for August the Milan & Mariner BY THEMSELVES outsold all the Lincolns by over 32% more
>LINK< (http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25394#post25394)
Fomoco is gonna have to SABOTAGE Mercury a Lot more before any thinking person will get fooled into accepting their "Volume-Lincoln CRAP" :mad:

Volvo_S70
10-30-2009, 05:42 PM
This brand will probably move to take Volvo's place in Ford's pecking order. The question is, Can Europe and Asia expect to see Mercury on their shores?

2b2
11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Ford Planning Lincoln And Mercury Versions Of Kuga Crossover - MotorAuthority (http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1037613_ford-planning-lincoln-and-mercury-versions-of-kuga-crossover)

By Viknesh Vijayenthiran
November 2nd, 2009

Lincoln will be taking a new approach to what sort of vehicles it produces in the future, with plans to downsize its lineup in the wake of flailing sales of the once-popular Navigator SUV and other large cars.

The new approach will see the luxury brand focusing on cars that will likely be the smallest Lincolns ever, an approach that some other luxury rivals have shied away from in fear of a North American market not ready for smaller cars just yet.

For the immediate future, Lincoln could be planning a number of surprises to help return the brand to prominence. Spearheading this approach is rumored to be a new compact car based on a Ford platform, most likely the one in the upcoming global Focus. Whether or not Lincoln is sure of such a move remains uncertain--the brand has already explored the possibility of smaller cars for city dwellers via its concepts, but turning them into production vehicles could be a risk that Lincoln is not willing to take.

Meanwhile, a new compact crossover based on the European Ford Kuga is set to arrive in showrooms by late 2011, with production tipped to start in Ford’s Louisville, Kentucky. Redesigned versions of the Kuga will be sold as both Lincolns and Mercurys, while the Kuga itself will replace the current Ford Escape.

The move is part of CEO Alan Mulally’s “One Ford” strategy to sell the same vehicles in various global markets with only minor differentiation. America’s weak dollar has also helped accelerate plans to start production of European models in North America and then export them.

The original plan was to build the Lincoln and Mercury versions of the Kuga in Germany and import them to North America back in 2008.

Source: Automotive News [sub req'd] (http://www.autonews.com/article/20091102/ANA03/311029923/1178)

Gmfan1111
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Ford Planning Lincoln And Mercury Versions Of Kuga Crossover - MotorAuthority (http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1037613_ford-planning-lincoln-and-mercury-versions-of-kuga-crossover)

By Viknesh Vijayenthiran
November 2nd, 2009

Lincoln will be taking a new approach to what sort of vehicles it produces in the future, with plans to downsize its lineup in the wake of flailing sales of the once-popular Navigator SUV and other large cars.

The new approach will see the luxury brand focusing on cars that will likely be the smallest Lincolns ever, an approach that some other luxury rivals have shied away from in fear of a North American market not ready for smaller cars just yet.

For the immediate future, Lincoln could be planning a number of surprises to help return the brand to prominence. Spearheading this approach is rumored to be a new compact car based on a Ford platform, most likely the one in the upcoming global Focus. Whether or not Lincoln is sure of such a move remains uncertain--the brand has already explored the possibility of smaller cars for city dwellers via its concepts, but turning them into production vehicles could be a risk that Lincoln is not willing to take.

Meanwhile, a new compact crossover based on the European Ford Kuga is set to arrive in showrooms by late 2011, with production tipped to start in Ford’s Louisville, Kentucky. Redesigned versions of the Kuga will be sold as both Lincolns and Mercurys, while the Kuga itself will replace the current Ford Escape.

The move is part of CEO Alan Mulally’s “One Ford” strategy to sell the same vehicles in various global markets with only minor differentiation. America’s weak dollar has also helped accelerate plans to start production of European models in North America and then export them.

The original plan was to build the Lincoln and Mercury versions of the Kuga in Germany and import them to North America back in 2008.

Source: Automotive News [sub req'd] (http://www.autonews.com/article/20091102/ANA03/311029923/1178)

thats a good step in the right direction IMO but to really cash in Ford will have to give merc (and lincoln) a viable entry in the small car market (the most profitable sector consumers flock to when gas prices spike

saintl1
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
ITs great he said that Mercury will get a "kuga" version but im sure it will just be an update Mariner which it ought to be anyway.

2b2
11-04-2009, 01:40 AM
^ I agree, SaintL!!!
imho the Mariner is (already) the BestLooking SUVlet on the planet!**
...not nec. to completely re-invent Mercury's Best Seller!!! (yet)

but since I quoted "wescoent" before in this thread,
I'll add this newer one here tooWhat I do know:

Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln will all be getting versions of this vehicle. Ford views this segment as being a high-volume, high-profit area, and thus of critical importance to 'get right'.

I don't know anything else for sure.

As for my personal opinion, knowing Mark Fields and Derrick Kuzak as well as I do...

I'd say that the US Escape will get unique sheetmetal, closer to the Explorer than the Kuga, and it will continue to be pushed as a "Baby Explorer". Ford has seen a lot of success with the boxier SUV-like formula, but otherwise, it will likely share everything under the skin.

The Mercury version may drop the Mariner name for "Kuga", and will share virtually ALL sheetmetal with the European Kuga, since Mercury is a more progressive brand, or so Ford wants them to be. Given that the European Kuga will be built in the same factory, this wouldn't be a costly proposal.

The Ford and Mercury will share interiors, though the Mercury will probably get better materials in certain places.

The Lincoln version will get a unique interior and exterior, and have its chassis revised to go toe to toe with the BMW X3 and Mercedes GLK on driving dynamics, and likely be available only with a larger engine.

and re-crossrefence a couple other threads (I'm getting a bit confused this KuGa & C3 speculation being sort of spread around)
Ford Planning Lincoln And Mercury Versions Of Kuga Crossover - MotorAuthority, Viknesh Vijayenthiran (http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26230#post26230) (1)

Ford could export Kuga, Fiesta to Europe from North America - AutoNews.com, AMY WILSON (http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26229#post26229)

** click for my "Fairest Of Them All" ode to the Mariner (http://home.surfree.com/~pauld/MirrorMirror.jpg)

mercury_1988
11-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Finally, a new updated product for Mercury :) .

2b2
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
quote wescoent @ GMI (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f37/ford-improve-launch-mix-taurus-87243/index2.html#post1928182)Mercury will keep the Milan, and get the new Mariner/Kuga, a version of the Focus, and a version of the Ford C-Max. If consumers start buying them, they will get more B and C cars.

These vehicles will overlap with the SEL and Limited versions of Fords, but the brand will remain as long as it's profitable. And as long as it's profitable, what's the problem? It doesn't jive with the old 20th-century thinking of brand managment?

ausrutherford
12-21-2009, 11:03 PM
and who is wescoent? Why quote someone's speculation?:linksucks:

Trust me...his word is golden.

2b2
12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
and who is wescoent? Why quote someone's speculation?:linksucks:

well, I could mention the amount of accurate info he's posted elsewhere
or his insider sources
but
the real reason is
CUZ FORD DOESN'T SAY A DARN THING ABOUT MERCURYhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad029.gif

saintl1
12-22-2009, 04:27 PM
can this guy find out about the Cougar. might as well if his word is good. ill hear anything at this point.

mercury_1988
12-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Merry Christmas http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/default/8.gif to you all .

I hope you're right http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/default/joy.gif and thanks for confidential info :) .

saintl1
12-23-2009, 05:39 PM
His insider sources? I know you are hoping for news, most of us are, but this is pure speculation at this point.

Maybe I should take a stab at this.

I was told recently that Ford is working on an upscale mustang with the 3.5 ecoboost. This vehicle has been seen with emblems that resemble a cats head and the project is coded xr7. Remember you heard it here first.

This is just cruel.

saintl1
12-23-2009, 07:59 PM
There is no confidential information being shared here. It is all pure speculation. I really do have the highest of hopes for Mercury but there seems to be a broken record effect on this and some other sites.

Merry Christmas to all!

i agree god knows people are sick of me asking for a Cougar. I just dont understand how a car with such a huge history is not in production, how a car that is synonmys with the word Mercury is not in production but i digress.

Mercury needs to rise up again. You cant tell me that ford has to focus on Ford and Lincoln first, their portfolios are pretty full now with a pretty good line up, I just see Ford missing its T-Bird and Lincoln missing a coupe. There should be more than enough time and money to focus on Mercury now. Mercury's focus should be on sporty coupes and sedans, i wouldnt waste my time on any sort MPV that will do nothing for the brand.

I am also for designing a new signature grille for Mercury, Lincoln has pretty much taken over the waterall for all thier line up, i say Mercury needs a sportier type grille different from Ford and Lincoln.

jsaylor
12-27-2009, 11:47 PM
There is no confidential information being shared here. It is all pure speculation. I really do have the highest of hopes for Mercury but there seems to be a broken record effect on this and some other sites.

Merry Christmas to all!

Wescoent is without doubt a source of legit insider info and long has been, in fact I am more than a little surprised that a moderator of a Ford forum would be unfamiliar with his screen name since he is easily one of the top five most prolific known sources of reliable Ford information on the net. That said, for those who do know who Wescoent is you have to take his info for what it is. Much of his info seems to be based on issue/items still in preliminary stages and has been subject to change in the past, and on occasion his info has even been just a bit behind the curve although to my knowledge it was still correct at some point. To ignore what Wescoent has to say makes no sense given his impressive track record.......if he says it at some point it was at least an idea on the desk of a Ford exec somewhere.

Tahoe
12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Wescoent is without doubt a source of legit insider info and long has been, in fact I am more than a little surprised that a moderator of a Ford forum would be unfamiliar with his screen name since he is easily one of the top five most prolific known sources of reliable Ford information on the net. That said, for those who do know who Wescoent is you have to take his info for what it is. Much of his info seems to be based on issue/items still in preliminary stages and has been subject to change in the past, and on occasion his info has even been just a bit behind the curve although to my knowledge it was still correct at some point. To ignore what Wescoent has to say makes no sense given his impressive track record.......if he says it at some point it was at least an idea on the desk of a Ford exec somewhere.

why does this wescoent not register here and give us the beef himself?

Logans Run
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
So, if the prices for Mercury will be overlapping SE & Limited models, that does not leave much room for the cost of added tech or power.
It means that Mercury does not get unique versions of Focus/Mondeo/Kuga (ragtops, coupes, etc.) and the $ will go to improved interiors and altered exteriors of the same body types like they currently do.

2b2
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
...It means that Mercury does not get unique versions of Focus/Mondeo/Kuga (ragtops, coupes, etc.) and the $ will go to improved interiors and altered exteriors of the same body types like they currently do.
yeah *unless* there's a global vehicle/model/configuration that's built here but not for sale as a U.S. Ford

&
found some info (dated November 19th, 2009) online just now:
• C520 (2013 Escape) ...This program runs through the 2016 Model Year...
• C557 (2012 Mercury sedan) - Bonus vehicle awarded due to C346 (2012 Focus). Job #1 date is end of November, 2010.

&
HI J.S.!!! :) H.N.Y.!!!

ausrutherford
12-28-2009, 05:40 PM
why does this wescoent not register here and give us the beef himself?

There has been official Ford monitoring of this site. He doesnt post on here or BON for that reason.

saintl1
12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah *unless* there's a global vehicle/model/configuration that's built here but not for sale as a U.S. Ford

&
found some info (dated November 19th, 2009) online just now:
• C520 (2013 Escape) ...This program runs through the 2016 Model Year...
• C557 (2012 Mercury sedan) - Bonus vehicle awarded due to C346 (2012 Focus). Job #1 date is end of November, 2010.

&

Where did you find this info? please no more sedans.

2b2
12-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I'd rather not post the url, Saintl1
would you like a PM? ;)

&
we've known since last summer that the C557 was reported to be a sedan - that IS the most popular car configuration

jsaylor
12-28-2009, 08:32 PM

Good to see you too 2b2.

saintl1
12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
would you like a PM? ;)

&
we've known since last summer that the C557 was reported to be a sedan - that IS the most popular car configuration

Yeah PM me. i know it is very popular, but i really wanted a coupe variant.

Andrew L
12-28-2009, 11:51 PM
would you like a PM? ;)

&

Please PM me as well 2b2 :)

2b2
12-29-2009, 02:37 AM
sent & sent :)

saintl1
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
thanks, so if we see a sedan i guess my hope of the Capri name goes down the toliet. oh well.

2b2
12-29-2009, 08:53 PM
yw :)
&
it's like I've said before about Mercury, Saintl1
NEVER GIVE UP!

it may not be exactly what you're hoping for AT FIRST
but
imho it's Not-Unreasonable to think that after the lil' Merc sedan is on sale
that a mega-BAMR (VistaRoof) could be called the "Capri Pkg"
...AND that it could become a separate model down the road

[ refrain ]
I-wish, I-wish the Mercury C557 would be shown at THIS NAIAS & fast-tracked as much as possible
ideally intro'ing THIS Coming Summer - so Merc could have a 6 month running start on the 2012my Focus
&
wouldn't mind at ALL if the concept-C557 didn't have a roof ;)

Logans Run
12-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I always hoped Mercury would get a convertable and sport wagon version of the Focus.
I doubt it will happen this time.

What I expect for the release this time is:
Unique bumpers, grills, hood, trunk, tail lights.
Optional seat materials/design, not offered on Focus

What I hope for is:
Unique headlights
Unique colors
Unique C pillar

What I really would like, but doubt we will see his time:
Unique greenhouse and body panels
Unique dash and console
Unique engine option

saintl1
12-30-2009, 09:16 AM
im just hoping this car gets spotted soon. if they plan to go on sale late 2010 than we should see it at least in chicago

djhogie
12-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I hope when Ford gets all its small cars on the market, then maybe Ford will start on sports models. I feel like a broken record. I wish for Ford to work on a 2dr midsize coupe like my '97 Thunderbird which was the last year of the 2dr midsize coupe. My wish is for Ford to reintroduce the Thunderbird and / or Merc Cougar as a midsize 2dr coupe. Throw in a convertible too. I would like the car have the cloth seats with a leather option. Also a choice of 3.0 or 3.5 engine. I don't want the price to get out of reach. I'm getting near retirement, so this will be my last purchase. My Thunderbird has been a great car. The back seat has plenty of leg room, the reason for not wanting the Mustang. If Ford doesn't announce something soon, I may be force to buy outside of Ford. I have always had a Ford product. People at work polk fun at me about this. The Dodge Challenger is starting to get my attention. I see one price in the paper at $22,750 with 3.5 engine. I want a coupe. If I arrive at work with a Challenger, boy, I'll never hear the end of it. Come on Ford. Correct this situation.:cool:

saintl1
12-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I still hope for a T-bird /Cougar coupe off the current CD3 platform but maybe they can consider it when it moves to EUCD.

Andrew L
12-31-2009, 01:57 AM
thanks for the link 2b2

Interesting to say the least. I hope we see something or at least hear something at the Detroit Auto Show