See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Ford on CBS Sunday Morning

not positive this is the same show but
IT'S A GOOD ONE!

Ford's Changing Faces - CBS News Video
October 1, 2009 10:54 AM

BIG THANKS to Ausrutherford for finding & posting this Link
Thanks for posting it, my computer has had problems with this site so I couldn't

#4 ·
Re: Ford on CBS Sunday Morning

YveryW, ausrutherford
since your Link made it possible...

...hope you check back on this thread cuz I made 5 more screen captures :)

may as well attached the sixth enlargement here
Thanks for making them

#11 ·
Had these 2010 Fusion pics on my phone, and I thought I would share them here. It is a rare Fusion option that I am seeing more and more of. If you are shy of chrome, you have a choice.

Looked great, especially with the appearance package. Better than the Sport even.

That looks really neat. I am yet to see one of these without Chrome, but, I must say if I was in the market for one, it would be without Chrome. I wonder if they are going to do a regular black grill?

#12 ·
afaik they haven't offered a "regular" black grille before, ndwariga (meaning either painted black or matte black)
just the 'black chrome' until the current options
&
here attached are some other colors I found recently but don't remember where - I like the Sterling a Lot!

Attachments

#16 ·
Mbuku, afaik these are sketches from during the design process of the superTaurus
so tho Ford may use some of these ideas in future designs, their outcome is already on the road :)
Oops! I didn't read through all the posts before I submitted this:
I love the front end rendering of the red car. It is sharp! If the next gen Fusion looks something like this, then Ford will have no worries in taking a sizeable chunk of the midsize sedan segment.
Oh well, one can dream...

#19 ·
*bump*

due to "pure speculation" at GMi
wescoent said:
1 is Fusion, 2 is Taurus, and 3-5 are a nuclear bomb going to be dropped on the Corvette.

That is all.
wescoent said:
Ever since the Pantera was dropped, Ford has had a Corvette-rival somewhere in the works.
wescoent said:
That's definitely a 2-seat RWD sports car sketch. I've seen it before as well.

Whether it actually comes to fruition depends on Ford's financial health, but that's true for a lot of projects on the back burner.

I heard a Fusion coupe was coming too, but that was a long time ago. A Capri seems like a better bet these days, but no word on that project in awhile either.
& for completeness: BON's new thread

the pix they're referring to are
"3"

"4"

"5"

Members can get larger versions thru the attachments in the first post

#21 ·
so is the coupe to thunderbird? i sure hope a thunderbiird is not price so unatainable that no one buys it like the last generation.

#23 ·
a new Ford video: In the Life of a Ford Designer has more of these renderings
Links-
http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan-progress/in-the-life-of-a-ford-designer/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPU-9GCmzsE

July 14, 2010
You’ve probably heard stories about a car design being roughed out on a napkin during a lunch meeting. The napkin gets handed off, and the vehicle is made. While that’s an entertaining tale, we thought we would show you what it’s really like in the life a Ford designer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.