Ford Inside News banner

Mazda's C-Max cousin revealed: The new 5

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ausrutherford 
#1 ·
We labeled it Mazda's "mini-minivan" when the second generation arrived stateside in 2005, and now five years later, the all-new Mazda5 will bow in Switzerland during the Geneva Motor Show. Sold as the Premacy in Japan, this latest version is said to emit 15% less pollutants than the current model and manages to continue brand's "Zoom-Zoom" image.

Mazda's so-called emotional "Nagare" design philosophy is clear to see on the new 5. Take a glance at the sweeping front clip that's nearly identical to the 3 and you'll get the gist. The Mazda5 also has plenty of new wavy character lines sculpted into the large dual sliding side passenger doors. Engineers say their stylish design promises a sleek aero signature that aids in fuel efficiency.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6598363/a...-mazda5-to-bow-at-2010-geneva-show/index.html

#7 ·
Why is this car smiling...it has no reason to smile.

All those wavy lines look like they will hold a lot of dirt and grime.

#8 ·
after thinking (& CHOPPING) about this, I have 2 problems
- don't like it -- had misgivings about some Nagare concepts too!
but maybe more importantly
- they did this to the Wrong Vehicle!
Dear Mazda,
_____If you want to intro a production example of your showcar styling,
_____you do it on a sporty model NOT a family-trucklet.
_____That way your new look is associated with something Cool
_____and is bought by trendy trend-setters who like new trends
_____and after a couple years as the MCE cycles come around to the family vehicles,
_____those buyers will have been acclimated by the softening of trend-time.

but if you just have to...
< click

#9 ·
I was a huge Mazda fan, but all I can say is this:

"Nagare" sucks and Mazda has lost its way in regards to exterior design. The horrible front end treatment on the 2010 Mazda3 was the first blow and that continued misguided front end treatment combined with the unnecessary wavy lines on the 2011 Mazda5 serve as the final blow to my appreciation of this brand. I'm very disappointed considering Mazda was my favorite Japanese based brand. I'm finding the new Ford designs to be superior to what's been coming out from the "Zoom Zoom" brand lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.