Ford Inside News banner

Ford reveals refreshed 2011 Mondeo with 237 hp 2.0L Ecoboost

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 ·
Filed under: Sedan, Europe, Ford

2011 Ford Mondeo - Click above for high-res image gallery

Ford of Europe has dropped the first official photos of the refreshed 2011 Mondeo, along with some details on the mechanical updates. The only substantive visual change is a reshaped front fascia with a larger trapezoidal lower grille similar to the Fiesta and the upcoming 2012 Focus, as well as reworked driving lights.

Behind that new grille Ford has added the same type of active shutters the Focus is getting to restrict air-flow at higher speeds or colder temperatures, reducing turbulence and aerodynamic drag.

The rest of the engine compartment is occupied by two new powertrain options, including a more powerful 237 horsepower version of the 2.0-liter Ecoboost inline-four that debuted earlier this year. At 179 grams per kilometer of CO2 emissions, the new Ecoboost will have the same fuel consumption as the lower power unit and 20 percent less than a V6 of similar power. This more powerful unit is likely the one that we will get in the Edge and Explorer for 2011. All of the Ecoboost engines are mated up a six-speed dual-clutch Powershift gearbox similar to the unit that just debuted in the Fiesta in North America.

The second new engine is a reworked 2.2-liter diesel inline-four that now puts out 197 hp, a 12 percent bump from the previous edition. The new Mondeos will will be shown publicly at the Moscow Motor Show in August and go on sale in the fall.

Gallery: 2011 Ford Mondeo

[Source: Ford]Continue reading Ford reveals refreshed 2011 Mondeo with 237 hp 2.0L Ecoboost

Ford reveals refreshed 2011 Mondeo with 237 hp 2.0L Ecoboost originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:32:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

See less See more
#5 ·
I think this update and the Fusions are about equal. Each had to make due with the current body shape, and create a new look.

I would imagine that the replacement will be sized at least as big as the Fusion, and the styling will be similar, but more advanced than the Focus.

#6 ·
I think this update and the Fusions are about equal. Each had to make due with the current body shape, and create a new look.

I would imagine that the replacement will be sized at least as big as the Fusion, and the styling will be similar, but more advanced than the Focus.
probably, I believe currently the Mondeo's engine bay is not big enough for a V6 so it will probably based more twards the size of the Fusion for so it can have a larger engine bay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.