2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid: "America's Most Fuel-Efficient Luxury Sedan" [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid: "America's Most Fuel-Efficient Luxury Sedan"

2b2
06-17-2010, 07:18 AM
2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid: "America's Most Fuel-Efficient Luxury Sedan"
http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/lincoln/mkz-hybrid/2011/ns/2011_lincoln_mkz-hybrid_actf34_ns_61710_717.jpg

Just the Facts:

Ford says its 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is "the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America."
MKZ Hybrid is rated at 41 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.
EPA ratings are the same as the Ford Fusion Hybrid

DEARBORN, Michigan — Ford bills its new 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid as "the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America." The gas-electric edition of the MKZ — the first-ever hybrid sold under the Lincoln brand name — is rated by the EPA at 41 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway, the same numbers as its sibling, the 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Ford observes that the city fuel-economy figure for the MKZ Hybrid is 6 mpg higher than that of the 2010 Lexus HS 250h, which is EPA-certified at 35 city/34 highway. The smaller 2011 Lexus CT 200h, however, is expected to get much higher fuel-economy numbers, similar to those of its companion, the Toyota Prius, which is EPA-rated at 51/48.

Ford said the MKZ Hybrid will be able to travel up to 47 mpg in pure electric mode, just like the Fusion Hybrid. Both models share a 2.5-liter four-cylinder gas engine and electric motor.

The 2011 MKZ Hybrid goes on sale this fall. Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.

More... (http://www.insideline.com:80/lincoln/mkz-hybrid/2011/2011-lincoln-mkz-hybrid-americas-most-fuel-efficient-luxury-sedan.html)

2b2
06-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I really Really REALLY *REALLY* wish FoMoCo had done MORE than just hijack the Milan's allocation of the Fusion's Hybrid drivetrain

ideally, they should've scrounged up enough lithium batteries for the MKZAP
but
they could've at LEAST given it an aluminum/composite hood (would prefer front fenders too)
that would've shown that they were so committed to Lincoln that "They" refused to let it be so technically similar to the "FORD VERSION"

tsk
Tsk
TSK
*TSK*

Logans Run
06-18-2010, 06:32 AM
[CENTER]

Ford said the MKZ Hybrid will be able to travel up to 47 mpg in pure electric mode, just like the Fusion Hybrid. Both models share a 2.5-liter four-cylinder gas engine and electric motor.

This should read 47 mph (not mpg)

I'll be looking the new small Lincoln to have a Hybrid too.

Andrew L
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I was hoping the MKZ would have a V6 instead of the same engine to make it different

I would love to see the numbers with that hybrid system and the 3.0L Duratec