Ford Canada's January sales up 24% [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: Ford Canada's January sales up 24%

ausrutherford
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
FORD CANADA'S WIDE-RANGE OF CARS, UTILITIES AND TRUCKS HELP SALES INCREASE 24%
Ford Media (http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=34000)

Car sales up 19%, truck sales up 25%; Best January in 11 years

January Highlights:

•Overall vehicle sales were up 24%
•Total car sales increased 19%
•Total truck sales rose 25%
•Ford Focus sales were up 23%
•Ford Mustang sales increased 14%
•Ford Transit Connect sales jumped 134%
•Ford Escape sales rose 74%
•Ford Edge sales increased 4%
•Ford Explorer sales were up 45%
•Ford F-Series sales rose 26%
•Lincoln MKX sales increased 3%
OAKVILLE, Ontario, February 1, 2011 – A full lineup of cars, utilities and trucks helped Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited kick off the new year with a 24 per cent sales increase compared to the same period last year. January also marks 20 consecutive months of year-over-year retail sales gains and the best January since 2000. Overall car sales increased 19 per cent, while truck sales increased 25 per cent.

"For 2011, we're expecting moderate industry growth of about 2%," said David Mondragon, president and CEO, Ford of Canada. "With strength across the entire lineup of cars, utilities and trucks, Ford is well-positioned to increase sales with products like Ford Fiesta, Edge, Explorer and Lincoln MKX -- already in showrooms, as well as the all-new 2012 Ford Focus 4 and 5-door models arriving in dealerships this spring."

With its first full month of sales, the all-new reinvented Ford Explorer is exceeding expectations with sales up 45 per cent. Also helping to boost overall sales were the Ford Focus, Ford Escape and Ford F-Series which saw sales increase 23 per cent, 74 per cent and 26 per cent.

"We remain focused on delivering profitable sustainable growth in Canada and our January sales results demonstrate continued progress towards that plan," said Mondragon.

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/14707202+w750+st0/0902_04_z+2010_ford_transit_connect+side_view.jpg

SobeSVT
02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
The may as well name Ford the official car company of Canada. Great job!!

HughFiestaSES
02-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Historically, Ford has been very popular. Mostly for trucks, SUV's and Mustangs. Ford has come back with new mid and full size car offerings and new CUV's. The toughest market here is B and C segment. It's mostly imports but Ford is in an awesome position with the new lineup!

ausrutherford
02-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Historically, Ford has been very popular. Mostly for trucks, SUV's and Mustangs. Ford has come back with new mid and full size car offerings and new CUV's. The toughest market here is B and C segment. It's mostly imports but Ford is in an awesome position with the new lineup!

Welcome Hugh!

SobeSVT
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
We want to see your Fiesta Hugh

SullyND
02-03-2011, 06:25 AM
We want to see your Fiesta Hugh

No you don't, especially the interior. You'll be jealous (I know I am)

HughFiestaSES
02-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I have my album up now.

SullyND
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
No you don't, especially the interior. You'll be jealous (I know I am)

See what I mean?

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3019&d=1296790064

:drool:

HughFiestaSES
02-04-2011, 10:40 PM
See what I mean?

:drool:

I have to get a new picture of the interior. I didn't order it in that colour. I asked for Black leather, so after some noise, the dealership looked at the order guide and couldn't make sense of it. Black/Cashmere or Cashmere Black. So they reupholstered the interior at another shop (excellent reputation) and the factory skins were very very supple. Once I got them, it was so much nicer.
I don't have the PEPS and I forgot to order it and I regret that but not enough if you know what I mean.

SullyND
02-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I have to get a new picture of the interior.

Yeah, I remembered the story from BON, was kind of hoping you came to your senses ;) I'm sure the new interior looks just as great...

HughFiestaSES
02-05-2011, 12:07 AM
LOL. Now, I have to have 10 character min to type? 6 character min for a name?