French Auto Magazine's Photoshop Mazda 6 [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: French Auto Magazine's Photoshop Mazda 6

06-07-2007, 11:03 PM (

We have been bringing you Various spy shots of the upcoming Mazda6. One of our members Shawn704 found these prints on From the look of things, the Mazda is bolder in design, and seems to have added weight. Thank you Shawn!! Enjoy

Click Here for Link (

06-08-2007, 12:09 AM
A bit Modeo-ish, don't you think?

06-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks for posting this, Shawn!
Looks similar to Superfresa's chop at CSS (

probably fairly close but think/hope the all important proportions ( are a bit zoomier

06-08-2007, 12:33 AM
A bit Modeo-ish, don't you think?It would make sense if rumors are correct that the 2009 MY Mazda 6 is indeed on the EUCD platform.

Now the EUCD uses MacPherson struts while the original Mazda GG platform aka CD3 uses a double-wishbone suspension. Personally I like a double-wishbone suspension better, it gives a more connected feel to the road to me. While some argued that the EUCD is superior to the CD3, double wishbone are ideal for RWD sport cars and are common on most RWD luxury cars. The double-wishbone on CD3 had a few drawbacks b/c its FWD, large turning radius and limited to Inline 4s and V6s. So no one still can't confirm what platform the new 6 uses. Anyone can argue MacPherson struts versus double-wishbone setup, so now I'm wondering is the CX-9 on a modified CD3 b/c it uses MacPherson struts?

06-08-2007, 01:33 AM
I have driven the 6. the Current 6, and it drives really well, for a FWD car. I hope this one will be as good

06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Looks good, the headlights look too Camryish to me though. Overall, very nice.

06-08-2007, 11:32 AM
looks like its growing to Camry Size. a bloat. I hope it does not loose its driving dynamics

06-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Styling is going to drive vehicle sales in the future, becouse the Japanese quality Edge has all but disappeared. As Such, this thing looks great.
Mazda has a tendancy to overdo their styles. The Boy racer look of the current Six is only rivalled by Nissan's Altima. And that styling keep them from getting the boomer buyer who has money, who ends up with the Accord or Camry.
With Malibu, Fusion now in the game, the Camry/ Accord dominance will be over soon or if not over, challenged seriously.
Mazda in that sense will remain a me too, unless they price aggressively. Mitsubishi will however be in bad shape for a long time

06-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Just what the world needs, another cleaned-up BMW copy.

06-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I really believe it's just chopping limitations (I, at least, find it) hard to get original sculpting into them.

Anyone see this rendering at Vince's site? (Jan 18) (
here's the page if the image won't load by itself
http://thehollywoodextra.blogs...ments (

plus I think/hope the new Mz2 gives some idea of the front quarters & hood.

06-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't see any BMW in it. I see a lot of Mazda original, especially in the front end with the pentagonal grille (which was blantantly copied by Acura in their newest cars) and the front fenders which are pure RX-8 and CX-7 as well as beautiful.

falcon lover
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
great car, like the other new Mazdas

falcon lover
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM

What?????? BMW ??????? i dont see the disastrous lines of any BMW here. Is the new face of Mazda, like the CX_7 , CX- 9 and next Mazda 2

07-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by 2b2 I think/hope the new Mz2 gives some idea of the front quarters & hood.

well, it took long enuf, but I came across a likely Mz2 photo today, so here it is click for 800x480 (

edit/added 7/30: 2 more illustrations at WorldCarFans' ( (

signature du jour:________________________________________
one world ( One BigBlueOval
"One Ford to rule them all, One Ford to find them, One Ford to bring them all, and the dk.Blueness bind them, in the Land of Dearborn, where the Mustangs ride"