2007 Shelby GT-500 [Archive] - Ford Inside News Community

: 2007 Shelby GT-500

Mercedez L.
02-20-2007, 07:52 AM
:D Has anyone bought one or know of someone who has? If so are they happy with the purchase and the car?

Mercedez L.
02-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I hear an echo in here. It's dead like a cemetary on here. Too bad the roads weren't like this. There would be no congestion, traffic jams, collisions, and our brakes and cars would last longer.

mchicha
02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I hear an echo in here. It's dead like a cemetary on here. Too bad the roads weren't like this. There would be no congestion, traffic jams, collisions, and our brakes and cars would last longer.

Well I guess letting the shelby gt 500 kick the bucket
would be very unfair now, wouldn't it..

http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/www.autobytel.com/images/carcom/2007/Ford/07_Ford_Cobra_GT500_SVT/400/07_F_CGT500_SVT_expick.jpg

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 First Drive: Perhaps the driver of a Nissan 350Z summed it up best with "That's a fast ------- car." Yes, yes it is. This example of an import owner paying respect to an American icon occurred as we passed each other in a mall parking lot, he in his Z and we in our 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 convertible test car. The car's reputation clearly proceeds it, as our speedo registered somewhere between five and ten mph at the time.

Clearly, Ford has a hit on its hands, and for more reasons than its styling and historic badge. Anyone sliding into the driver's seat, from a hardened ex-con to a dorky kid to a mousy office assistant, becomes an intimidating badass. One of our editors, a relatively quiet and unassuming guy, talked freely about rejecting an impromptu street race invitation, but subsequently made sure to fill that challenger's rearview mirror with an intimidating Cobra badge courtesy of Ford. The Shelby is raw, muscular, aggressive, and demands respect. Whether or not it deserves it is another issue entirely.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_id_int/2237

Mercedez L.
02-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Well I guess letting the shelby gt 500 kick the bucket
would be very unfair now, wouldn't it..

http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/www.autobytel.com/images/carcom/2007/Ford/07_Ford_Cobra_GT500_SVT/400/07_F_CGT500_SVT_expick.jpg

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 First Drive: Perhaps the driver of a Nissan 350Z summed it up best with "That's a fast ------- car." Yes, yes it is. This example of an import owner paying respect to an American icon occurred as we passed each other in a mall parking lot, he in his Z and we in our 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 convertible test car. The car's reputation clearly proceeds it, as our speedo registered somewhere between five and ten mph at the time.

Clearly, Ford has a hit on its hands, and for more reasons than its styling and historic badge. Anyone sliding into the driver's seat, from a hardened ex-con to a dorky kid to a mousy office assistant, becomes an intimidating badass. One of our editors, a relatively quiet and unassuming guy, talked freely about rejecting an impromptu street race invitation, but subsequently made sure to fill that challenger's rearview mirror with an intimidating Cobra badge courtesy of Ford. The Shelby is raw, muscular, aggressive, and demands respect. Whether or not it deserves it is another issue entirely.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_id_int/2237
Now enter the Corvette Z-06.:D

mchicha
03-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Tell me more about it in terms of the differences...

SobeSVT
03-05-2007, 08:39 AM
The Z06 is a two seater with exotic car pretensions way lighter than a GT500 and about $35K more expensive, a great car nonetheless like every other C6 Corvette which is by far my favorite GM product. For that you get a car that is less livable than a GT500 a few tenth of a sec faster from 0 to 60 and almost no street cred as the car looks almost exactly like a regular Corvette (drive a GT500 on the street for a few minutes and you'll know what I am talking about). Maybe this blue demon thing that Chevy is preping will do the trick.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/667/picture4ew2.png

Mbukukanyau
03-05-2007, 09:24 AM
The Z06 is a two seater with exotic car pretensions way lighter than a GT500 and about $35K more expensive, a great car nonetheless like every other C6 Corvette which is by far my favorite GM product. For that you get a car that is less livable than a GT500 a few tenth of a sec faster from 0 to 60 and almost no street cred as the car looks almost exactly like a regular Corvette (drive a GT500 on the street for a few minutes and you'll know what I am talking about). Maybe this blue demon thing that Chevy is preping will do the trick.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/667/picture4ew2.png
I agree with you on the livability of the GT 500. But to say that the Z06 has no street creds is rather off the mark.
I think anyone who knows cars .. knows the Z06. and knows it will smoke anything short of the Enzo and Ford GT.. in a sec.

The GT 500 is great but.. it cannot compete with the Z06.

SobeSVT
03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I agree with you on the livability of the GT 500. But to say that the Z06 has no street creds is rather off the mark.
I think anyone who knows cars .. knows the Z06. and knows it will smoke anything short of the Enzo and Ford GT.. in a sec.

The GT 500 is great but.. it cannot compete with the Z06.

I never said it could, I don't even think that it is purpose. But what I meant with lack of street cred is that besides from real car fans, for the people out there is hard to differentiate the Z06 from a regular run of the mill Corvette. Anyone can spot a GT500 from a mile away and know that it is something special. That is street cred! :)

ndwariga
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I never said it could, I don't even think that it is purpose. But what I meant with lack of street cred is that besides from real car fans, for the people out there is hard to differentiate the Z06 from a regular run of the mill Corvette. Anyone can spot a GT500 from a mile away and know that it is something special. That is street cred! :)
Does this export to Europe and Australia?

Mercedez L.
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM

Run of the mill?

ndwariga
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Run of the mill?
I thought you wanted a mustang.. but it seems u love the covertte

Mercedez L.
03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I thought you wanted a mustang.. but it seems u love the covertte
I have a Mustang already:D

SobeSVT
03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Run of the mill?
Yo Merc. I am not saying that any Corvette is an ordinary car by any stretch of the imagination. Justa saying "Run of the mill" Corvette as oposed to the sensational Z06 Corvette.

Alles kla?

Mercedez L.
03-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Yo Merc. I am not saying that any Corvette is an ordinary car by any stretch of the imagination. Justa saying "Run of the mill" Corvette as oposed to the sensational Z06 Corvette.

Alles kla?
I agree.:D

ndwariga
03-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I agree.:Dyou like pictures alot

Mercedez L.
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM
you like pictures alot
I got a digital camera as a gift so now among my other hobbies I'm taking photography as a hobby too.:D

ndwariga
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I got a digital camera as a gift so now among my other hobbies I'm taking photography as a hobby too.:D
Can you look for a spy shot of a pre-production vehicle?:D

Mercedez L.
04-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Can you look for a spy shot of a pre-production vehicle?:D

:) Only if I get 007 status.:D

Mercedez L.
04-12-2007, 08:08 AM
I have not seen any on the street. I did see one on a car transport. Where are all of these Shelby's? What are they now selling for?:confused:

ndwariga
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I have not seen any on the street. I did see one on a car transport. Where are all of these Shelby's? What are they now selling for?:confused:
I would try out a Salleen if I were you.

Mercedez L. What's with u and attachments? you like em soo much!!!

Mercedez L.
04-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I would try out a Salleen if I were you.

:eek: Nah that's ok...Those are tuner cars I would prefer a factory stock car with a warranty in original condition.:D

ndwariga
04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
:eek: Nah that's ok...Those are tuner cars I would prefer a factory stock car with a warranty in original condition.:D
you are into Transam's too? Screaming Chicken?

Mercedez L.
04-12-2007, 10:36 AM
you are into Transam's too? Screaming Chicken?

My X had one of these. That car was something else.:)