Ford Inside News banner

took the dive on a 3.5

Tags
dive
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  N3PRO 
#1 ·
Local dealer called ( I inquired awhile ago about the ecoboost) they got one in. Beautiful black, having had 2 Chevy's with the 4.3 V 6 over the last 12 years (usually every 6 years for me) I was very impressed with the test drive.

I ordered a regular cab long bed 4x4 XLT with towing package, heavy duty payload package, XLT convenience package (I wanted the sync) in ingot silver. I'm told 8 weeks for delivery.

1st Ford for me, little nervous being a brand new engine but also believe Ford isn't taking any chances. Saw all the videos on the torture test and got me excited.

#3 ·
ditto on the pictures!

Congrads on the purchase as well!

#4 ·
Big time Congrats !!!!

We just test drove a Platinum Ecoboost 4x4 today. It was a very impressive truck, with an even more impressive interior. Of course, I already loved the engine, from an earlier test drive of a SHO.

They had a $3000 market adjustment on the truck, and offered us $8000 less for our trade, than KBB trade-in value, so we laughed and passed. Its not like living with our '08 loaded V10 SD is suffering. We will wait until the ridiculousness goes away, here in AZ (huge truck country). There certainly is no sense of urgency.

Let us know all about your truck when you get it. It truly is an impressive machine.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, I will definitely have pics. I'm glad I waited (I was planning on buying a truck last year). It's interesting how fast things change; a year ago I would have thought the 5.0 would be the volume leader, today I think the ecoboost will be. i'll be curious to see how the numbers will look.

I have gotten a kick out of the few bad reviews from the BFT round -up test drives on how bad the gas mileage was (the test drive was pulling a loaded trailer at full throttle to show what it can do - most people would have no need to. I see what they meant by the torque curve just on my test drive. With little movement of the accelerator the truck sped up. My Chevy takes much more petal movement then would have the lunge as it downshifts, F-150 was very smooth.

Its going to be a LOOONNNGGG 8 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.