Ford Inside News banner

Ford Turkey Unit to Produce New Cargo Trucks

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
Ford Turkey Unit to Produce New Cargo Trucks, Hurriyet Reports
By Aydan Eksin
Jun 27, 2011
Bloomberg

Ford Otomotiv Sanayi AS (FROTO), Ford Motor Co. (F)’s Turkish unit in partnership with Koc Holding AS (KCHOL), will invest $75 million in research and development to make new Cargo trucks, aiming to increase exports of the trucks to more than 350 million euros ($495 million) within five years from 60 million euros, Hurriyet reported, citing Ford Otosan chief executive Nuri Otay.

Full text at link

My guess this is also for updating the look to the new face seen now in South America.

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought the SA Cargo is based on the "OLD" one that Ford commercial sold off to Diamler trucks (USA) and Fiat/Ivaco in Europe
so I would assume they would be new products unrelated to the old cargo
It new one just arrived last month. Its a facelifted version of the Turkish model. Im guessing the Turkish model will upgrade to the same face.

#4 ·
This is the original article in Turkish..
http://hurarsiv.hurriyet.com.tr/goster/haber.aspx?id=18114737&tarih=2011-06-27

Do not try to google translate as it does not work well for Turkish.

It says briefly:
- Ford sold truck division to FIAT/IVeco in 1986 and quit the heavy truck market. Ford Otosan is currently producing Cargo trucks for domestic and near markets. Ford otosan General Manager (Nuri Otay) says: With plenty of struggle, we convinced the FORD and managed to add Cargo truck to the "ONE FORD" strategy. We, with Brazil, will develop current model, then produce new Ford Trucks for global demand. We now export Cargo Trucks to 17 countries, this will grow up to 65 countries in Middle Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Russia etc..

Mr Otay also says: We had the deals with Brazilian FORD. R & D costs will be paid both by Brazil and Turkey FORD. Brazil will produce 40K units and we will produce 20K units annually. Our goal is make the FORD to be the one of the segment leaders in heavy truck market

He also says: New transit connect goes to Spain. BUt were gonna keep to produce current version TC for some time. We will begin to produce a new type of mini LCV. WE think it will be the "Van of the year" because, up to date what we began to produce was chosen as van of the year.

Finally he says, last year Bill Ford had visited Turkey for 50th anniversary of establishment of FORD Otosan. We had picture of him in front of a Cargo truck. That picture was for this day

Hope you understand my English better than google translation ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.